Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30 to C-1 Profile difference in Icons color  (Read 1262 times)

Snook

P30 to C-1 Profile difference in Icons color
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:58:04 pm »

Hey guys had a quick question.
When I shoot tethered to C-1 4.8.3 the WB profile on my P30 back changes to C-1 but if I have it set to flash in C-1 the icons still come in Magenta color.
Is there anyway to have the .TIF icons in the folder have the corrected profile like daylight or flash or whatever I want to use?

They are always Purplish/MAgenta no matter what I do. They come into C-1 with corrected profile just fine but in the Pictures folder on my HD the icons are all Purple.

How can I set it up that they are also the corrected color (icons that is)?

Also on a side note is there anyway of making a profile so that when peple are not using C-1 open the .TIF like in Photoshop for instance that it is basically color corrected like I want it?
Hope that makes sense.
When I open my P30 .TIF's in photoshop they are magenta like FLorescent profile was selected or something!!!
Anyway of correcting this so that when I send my RAWS to other retocuhers that they have a basic setting to start from that is closer to what I intended my images to be? Or atleast basic Daylght or Flash.

Thanks for any help as this has been driving me crazy.
If I shoot non tethered they come into the flash card ok if I choose flash or daylight, but when tethered the icons are always magenta no matter what I do until I white balance correct them with the Macbeta chart card.

Thank you very much.

Snook

Snook

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:24:49 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Hey guys had a quick question.
When I shoot tethered to C-1 4.8.3 the WB profile on my P30 back changes to C-1 but if I have it set to flash in C-1 the icons still come in Magenta color.
Is there anyway to have the .TIF icons in the folder have the corrected profile like daylight or flash or whatever I want to use?

They are always Purplish/MAgenta no matter what I do. They come into C-1 with corrected profile just fine but in the Pictures folder on my HD the icons are all Purple.

How can I set it up that they are also the corrected color (icons that is)?

Also on a side note is there anyway of making a profile so that when peple are not using C-1 open the .TIF like in Photoshop for instance that it is basically color corrected like I want it?
Hope that makes sense.
When I open my P30 .TIF's in photoshop they are magenta like FLorescent profile was selected or something!!!
Anyway of correcting this so that when I send my RAWS to other retocuhers that they have a basic setting to start from that is closer to what I intended my images to be? Or atleast basic Daylght or Flash.

Thanks for any help as this has been driving me crazy.
If I shoot non tethered they come into the flash card ok if I choose flash or daylight, but when tethered the icons are always magenta no matter what I do until I white balance correct them with the Macbeta chart card.

Thank you very much.

Snook

I think I found the part answer.
I never new you had to click WB in the back and click custom 1 and it starts to blink then I shoot an image and now it comes in with the profile I wanted. Still I find Photoshop is always like 1/2 stop darker and redder than the C-1 images... but atleast they are closer now...

Snook

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:56:03 am »

Snook:

When you take the WB and go to custom in the camera back, it blinks to allow you to shoot a grey card. I usually take the center focus spot and fill it with the grey card. Then save as 1, 2, 3. What you have done is make a new custom white balance in the camera so every preview on the back should have better color than the presets. This will compensate for different color temperatures too. SO when you open in C1 or any other RAW developer, it should be set to your color balance you set when the image was shot.

When you shoot tethered, the file comes into C1 at the preset until you click on a Macbeth card to override it. That is why once you click set white balalnce in the software, the option changes to custom because you have over ridden the preset color temp.

It is a much more accurate way to shoot to a CF card when you use the custom WB function on the camera back. And your RAW files when passed on to some one else will start with that new, more accurate Custom WB.

As you know shooting tethered is a faster way of setting all the balances and settings so when you get back and work on the files you are not starting from scratch and having to do all those steps.

Chris Snipes
Image Produiction, Inc
Phase One Reseller Florida
Phase One Test Studio Florida

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Quote from: Snook
I think I found the part answer.
I never new you had to click WB in the back and click custom 1 and it starts to blink then I shoot an image and now it comes in with the profile I wanted. Still I find Photoshop is always like 1/2 stop darker and redder than the C-1 images... but atleast they are closer now...

Snook
Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ
Pages: [1]   Go Up