Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sensor Cleaner Tips  (Read 5594 times)

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:53:15 am »

I have since run out of the sensor cleaner fluid and microfiber clothes that came with my Aptus 65. I can only seem to find "kits" for DLSR's. What do you recommend for fluid/cloths? Eclipse 1 or 2? Microfiber cloths or Tissue?

Thanks.

marcmccalmont

Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:05:48 pm »

Marc McCalmont

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:43:12 pm »

Your local Leaf dealer should be able to help with the correct additional cleaning cloths and fluid
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

http://www.peartreephotoshop.co.uk

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:57:54 pm »

Quote from: Streetwise
I have since run out of the sensor cleaner fluid and microfiber clothes that came with my Aptus 65. I can only seem to find "kits" for DLSR's. What do you recommend for fluid/cloths? Eclipse 1 or 2? Microfiber cloths or Tissue?

Thanks.

Streetwise:

Any Leaf dealer should be able to provide the wipes that you are used to, although you might consider the Phase One cleaning kit for the actual solutions. I am currently recommending the wipes only from Leaf, and the kit from Phase One, which comes with 2 solutions and wipes, but toss the wipes as they are not absorbent enough. The wipes for the Leaf are perfect. The benefit of the Phase One cleaning kit is that it comes with 2 agents in case you apply too much of the cleaning solution. In that case, the 2nd agent (isopropanol) will remove the cleaning agent.

So - ideal solution - buy Leaf wipes ($30) and the Phase One cleaning kit ($30). Don't bother with the DSLR kits.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

marcmccalmont

Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:28:08 am »

Just my opinion, on a P30 and a P45+ Eclipse works much better in the humidity of Hawaii than the Phase solutions (I just threw them out!)
Use the original Eclipse for all your cleaning, lenses, filters, DSLRs, MFDB etc then on lenses and filters, follow with a slight fogging from your breath and a dry lens cloth/tissue
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 08:56:52 am »

Steve,

Does that recommendation apply to Phase Back's as well, i.e. use leaf Wipes and Phase solution on a P45+?  
I have had streaking issues in the past with the Phase solution and wanted to try Eclipse, but never could find
out if the P45+ has the tin oxide coating that required Eclipse 2 (like original 5D) Eclipse will dry much faster.

Do you know of a Leaf dealer who sells the wipes?

Sincerely
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Steve Hendrix

Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:20:37 am »

Quote from: Paul2660
Steve,

Does that recommendation apply to Phase Back's as well, i.e. use leaf Wipes and Phase solution on a P45+?  
I have had streaking issues in the past with the Phase solution and wanted to try Eclipse, but never could find
out if the P45+ has the tin oxide coating that required Eclipse 2 (like original 5D) Eclipse will dry much faster.

Sincerely
Paul Caldwell

This is what I have found with the Phase One cleaning solution, and this goes also for the Sinar cleaning solution for their digital backs, which appears very similar, if not identical. I have used these solutions with every single digital back I have ever sold and have never had a problem. The problem (with the Phase One cleaning kit) is not the cleaning solution itself, it is the wipes. They will not absorb any excess fluid.

The Leaf wipes (and the wipes included with the Sinar cleaning kit) are a different material and absorb perfectly.

So - my recommendation is the Phase One cleaning kit, toss the wipes, and purchase a set of Leaf wipes to use with the P1 cleaning solutions. On any digital back.

Also, you should not (normally) need to use the cleaning kit that frequently. For most cleaning where dust is involved, and not a more dastardly or adhesive material, an anti-static brush (Kinetronics, Arctic Butterfly, etc) works well.

Capture Integration is an authorized Leaf dealer. I'm sure Leaf dealers are listed on the Leaf website as well.

Steve Hendrix

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:54:45 am »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix
This is what I have found with the Phase One cleaning solution, and this goes also for the Sinar cleaning solution for their digital backs, which appears very similar, if not identical. I have used these solutions with every single digital back I have ever sold and have never had a problem. The problem (with the Phase One cleaning kit) is not the cleaning solution itself, it is the wipes. They will not absorb any excess fluid.

The Leaf wipes (and the wipes included with the Sinar cleaning kit) are a different material and absorb perfectly.

So - my recommendation is the Phase One cleaning kit, toss the wipes, and purchase a set of Leaf wipes to use with the P1 cleaning solutions. On any digital back.

Also, you should not (normally) need to use the cleaning kit that frequently. For most cleaning where dust is involved, and not a more dastardly or adhesive material, an anti-static brush (Kinetronics, Arctic Butterfly, etc) works well.

Capture Integration is an authorized Leaf dealer. I'm sure Leaf dealers are listed on the Leaf website as well.

Steve Hendrix

Sinar at least have this right   both fluids and clothes in one kit and you can also buy the clothes separatly as the fluids last forever.
the comprehensive instructions to clean anything in this   optics cleaning pdf
- just clothes
- full cleaning kit

Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

Steve Hendrix

Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:05:59 am »

Quote from: edwinb
Sinar at least have this right   both fluids and clothes in one kit and you can also buy the clothes separatly as the fluids last forever.
the comprehensive instructions to clean anything in this   optics cleaning pdf
- just clothes
- full cleaning kit

Edwin

Just for clarity sake, in the USA the Sinar cleaning kit is $105, so instead we will continue recommending the Phase/Leaf combo for $50 less. Just a pricing issue, nothing more. Materially and functionally they are identical.

Edwin is correct, the fluid will last a while. Just make sure to keep the caps tight so there's no leakage or evaporation.

Steve Hendrix
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:07:05 am by Steve Hendrix »

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:22:10 am »

Quote from: Paul2660
Steve,

Sincerely
Paul Caldwell

Hi Paul,

Peartree in UK sells them, (Don't know where in the world you are though) Can easily be posted, though Sensor Cleaning Fluid a little different though, not allowed to ship iso propryl alcohol by air due to it's flamability you will need to source locally
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

http://www.peartreephotoshop.co.uk

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 01:31:19 pm »

Quote from: Darius_Gelich
Hi Paul,

Peartree in UK sells them, (Don't know where in the world you are though) Can easily be posted, though Sensor Cleaning Fluid a little different though, not allowed to ship iso propryl alcohol by air due to it's flamability you will need to source locally

Does anyone know who carries the Leaf Cleaning Wipes in the US? (upstate NY). I can't seem to find a source on that.

Thanks

Dave Anderson

LA30

Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 01:54:31 pm »

Just order them from Steve Hendrix, 2 posts up.

Does anyone know who carries the Leaf Cleaning Wipes in the US? (upstate NY). I can't seem to find a source on that.

Thanks

Dave Anderson

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 02:01:55 pm »

Thanks

Dave Anderson

Leaf dealers in NY

BR

yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Doc

• http://www.52photos.com
Sensor Cleaner Tips
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15:21 am »

Hi to one and all ....
Quick story and question for those doing sensor cleaning  .....
Especially those that, like me, that may use too much fluid.

After cleaning my sensor and doing a shoot with a macro lens  - at 5x I can see small round liquid shapes ... yep droplets !
Now it is true these cannot be seen when I do a regular shoot , using say a 70-200 2.8 - even at 200% zoomed in - but with my macro gear they really are visible at 100%

The shoot was done with the M-PE 65mm.

How can I get rid of these ....

... use less fluid try again  ?  ... does not seemed to have worked  - still there !

I am looking at maybe using demineralised water.

Any ideas guys ?

Learning everyday !
Pages: [1]   Go Up