Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Previews in C1Pro and Nikon Capture don´t match PS result  (Read 5585 times)

Bernd B.

Previews in C1Pro and Nikon Capture don´t match PS result
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:31:33 am »

Hi there,

I´m on a MacPro Dual 2,66 with a dual monitor setup.

When I open my images worked out in Capture One Pro 4.8.3 or Nikon Capture NX2 in Photoshop, my images are to pale. The shadows are not as black as intended.

I think it´s not a Photoshop-Problem, as the RGB-Values are the same in all applications. A part of the image, that is completely black in the preview window of the raw converter still has 6/6/6 or 10/10/10, so the fault might be the raw converters.

I can move the windows to whatever display I want, it´s still the same.

OSX 10.6.1 but the the same with 10.5.7

What´s up`?

Bernd

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:55:28 am »

Are you sure you have your monitor profile correctly selected in both Capture One Pro and Nikon Capture NX2?
Eric Chan

Bernd B.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:00:15 am »

No, I´m not shure at all as I didn´t find anything to choose.

I´ve been looking in preferences ....

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Bernd

Quote from: madmanchan
Are you sure you have your monitor profile correctly selected in both Capture One Pro and Nikon Capture NX2?

Bernd B.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:32:09 am »

No more ideas?

I played arround a bit and this thing kills me .....

For some jobs I can´t open every file in PS again and work in curves or histogram.

Bernd

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:37:56 pm »

Very likely your current profile has become corrupted/damaged in some way (meaning the file itself is damaged). If that is the case then some programs (in this case PS) can read it correctly but other programs (C1/NC) cannot - leading to a mismatch. Re-profile your monitor - doing so will create a new profile file on your hard drive from scratch which is not corrupted.

If it is not that the next most likely problem is there is something going on with your soft-proofing.

If not either of the above then uninstall all three programs (as completely as you can - including auxiliary support/preference files - google "uninstall ______" for instructions).

Hope that helps. Please report your findings to the community here.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:38:36 pm by dougpetersonci »

Bernd B.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:05 am »

Thank you, Doug!
I think the problem showed up after using Spectraview-Profiler / BasicColorDisplay for the first time. Formerly I used I1Match and everything worked fine.
Probably my profile-names are way too long and they do separate from each other only by the very last numbers. I'll create New profiles during the next days but will name them much shorter. If that does not help, I'll do another profiling with I1Match.

There's another new problem only with C1pro: I get error messages that my thumbnails couldn't be updated. For example when I change the white balance, the image in the preview window looks neutral, whilst the thumbnail still looks reddish ....
Anyone who had the same effect before?
Best,
Bernd
P.S.: Still amazing to sit in a train in Germany and discuss my technical problems with people from all over the world using such a small device as my iPhone ......
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:33:25 am by Bernd B. »

Bernd B.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:47:58 pm »

OK, things seem fine again. A picture in the Nikon Capture Window looks the same as after the output in Photoshop, so does Capture One Pro, and even a jpeg in sRGB from C1pro looks the same as a tiff in Adobe RGB from the same raw converter.

Also C1pro works again. No more error messages.

Here's what I did:

The name of the monitor-profile is now 14 characters long instead of 26 as before.

In Spectraview Profiler 4.1.1 I chose the following options, not knowing in all cases what it means:

Type: Matrix Profile (formerly Table Profile)

Adaption: linear Bradford (formerly CAT02)

ICC v4 Profile unchecked (formerly checked)

I do not know which of these changements make my applications display consistent colors again and I hope my clients, which are mostly magazines, still see the same colors and contrast I intend here, but I´m happy my problems seem to be solved now.

Thanks for you help,

Bernd
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:58:42 pm by Bernd B. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up