Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single NEC 3090 or dual 2690's  (Read 1883 times)

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
Single NEC 3090 or dual 2690's
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:09:52 pm »

I'm about to buy a Mac Pro and can't decide on dual 26's or single 30" NEC's.  When I ran Mac OS X Tiger it didn't support "Spaces" and I loved the thought of dual monitors.  But when spaces came out I found in Leopard I became very productive using it and laying out my applications in various spaces and working that way.  I use Lightroom all the time and photoshop occasionally.

I know Lightroom supports dual monitors... what difference did it make in your workflow?  Budget is a bit of a concern as I'm also buying new camera gear as well so I don't want to go overboard... I just want to have a good setup that is productive.

Thanks...
... Kelly

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
Single NEC 3090 or dual 2690's
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:39:38 pm »

You may want to consider what your requirement is for your output. Are you preparing files only for printing on printer with a fairly wide gamut? Or are you also need to prepare images for presentation on the web (client galleries, your website, etc.)?

I have the NEC 2690 (v2) and find it a pain to process images for web, so I am looking for a quality sRGB display to pair with the 2690. I'm looking at the NEC 2490wuxi2 display for this because it is also hardware-calibrate-able using the SpectraView II software. For my needs it has become clear that I need a dedicated sRGB display for some work, so this is the solution that I believe is best for me. I have not seen other NEC options that are sRGB and compatible with SpectraView II in the 22 to 26" range, but maybe I have missed something. I'd prefer not to spend as much as the 2490 for this secondary task, but haven't found a model that is height adjustable to match the 2690, black, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up