Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canon 480 ex triggering  (Read 5486 times)

cowboy

canon 480 ex triggering
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:24:31 pm »

Is there any way to trigger a Canon 430 ex using pocket wizards or the new issues from pocket wizard?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:36:57 pm by cowboy »

DarkPenguin

canon 480 ex triggering
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »

Quote from: cowboy
Is there any way to trigger a Canon 430 ex using pocket wizards or the new issues from pocket wizard?

Should be.  I've triggered mine with some cheap ebay triggers.  (Not a great purchase since the 430 ex is so "noisy" that it will set the triggers off by itself.)

I would check strobist.com and the strobist group at Flickr for more information.  They do this stuff all the time.

cowboy

canon 480 ex triggering
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:41:29 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Should be.  I've triggered mine with some cheap ebay triggers.  (Not a great purchase since the 430 ex is so "noisy" that it will set the triggers off by itself.)

I would check strobist.com and the strobist group at Flickr for more information.  They do this stuff all the time.
Thank you Dark Penquin, I have it working sort of. I need to figure out the cables I need. The 430 will require the same connection as off camera ttl there doesn't seem to be any other connection. The other end needs to be what ever comes out of the pocket wizard. They have a cable connection help on their site.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
canon 480 ex triggering
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:26 pm »

The new Pocket Wizard ttl system will trigger the 430 EX II in both TTL and manual modes. I don't have an original 430 to test, but I suspect it will also work. The TT5 receiver can be fired from either the new TT1 transmitter or any older PW transmitter (though you only get TTL and high speed sync, etc., from the new TT1.) The upshot is you can mix speedlights and studio lights together in one setup, mixing manual flash, TTL flash, etc., in whatever way you like.

The 430 EX II is the perfect flash for this, since it doesn't seem to suffer from any RF interference (which is killing me with my 580 EX IIs.)
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/
Pages: [1]   Go Up