Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom printing resolution issue  (Read 2241 times)

cpmorganesq

Lightroom printing resolution issue
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:44:07 pm »

I'm using Lightroom 2.5 to print to an HP 130 printer. I'm printing a 4" x 18" file at 300ppi, with the print resolution box unchecked. If I print the photo at 4" x 18",  it looks fine. But if I increase the image size by a small amount to 5" x 22", Lightroom prints it at 245ppi, but the output has terrible resolution and visible jaggies. When I ran the same job a few minutes later, I got normal resolution. Could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Chris Morgan

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:52:16 pm »

Yes!
Erik

Quote from: cpmorganesq
I'm using Lightroom 2.5 to print to an HP 130 printer. I'm printing a 4" x 18" file at 300ppi, with the print resolution box unchecked. If I print the photo at 4" x 18",  it looks fine. But if I increase the image size by a small amount to 5" x 22", Lightroom prints it at 245ppi, but the output has terrible resolution and visible jaggies. When I ran the same job a few minutes later, I got normal resolution. Could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Chris Morgan
Erik Kaffehr

cpmorganesq

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:08 pm »

Quote from: ErikKaffehr
Yes!
Erik

Eric,

Has this happened to you?

- Chris

cpmorganesq

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:38:02 pm »

In poking around this forum, I found the answer to my problem at:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....amp;hl=printing

If you rotate a long, narrow image in LR from portrait to landscape, then try to print it, the resolution will go down drastically. So I went back to CS4, rotated and saved the image there, synchronized the image in LR, then it printed perfectly. Adobe apparently has not fixed this bug, even though the discussion in the link cited above is from mid-2008.

- Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up