Not sure if I'm looking at the revised and improved site. But here are what I see.
A simple, speedy, and to the point site. But many easy improvements would enhance it tremendously.
- Making the home page images links into galleries would speed up getting to them. After all, it is all about the galleries, and you want your visitors to get into one asap, i.e., with the least number of clicks. In fact, with the few galleries you have, get rid of the gallery entry page entirely, and rely on image links on the home page to enter them. One click, and the visitor is there.
- Once out of the home page, there is only one link back to the home page. Much better to keep the COMPLETE menu bar on each and every page, including each image enlargement page.
- Instead of asking viewers to "Select a Portfolio to View" on the gallery entry page, get rid of the verbage and add representative and linkable images for each gallery.
- I've been thinking about using Lightroom web gallery templates for my own site. But I have yet to figure out how to customize the galleries so that they match with other pages. Your site is a good example of the problems I try to solve. The galleries' background color is different from the other pages'. The font type, color and size on a gallery page is different from the other pages', such as "Peter Aitken Photographs".
- Let the visitors know how many images are in each gallery. When viewing an enlargement, let them know which image they are looking at, i.e., n of m. It is also be much easier for a buyer to refer to image x in gallery abc instead of using the long descriptions.
- On the Print Purchases page, it is not obvious that "send me an inquiry" is a link. In fact, this is true in a few other places.
- "All site content © 2009 Peter Aitken" is broken into two lines on the technical details page, unlike on other pages.
You may find this very lengthy and old thread helpful:http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=13890
Caution: This is an old thread, and many reviewed sites might have been revised by now.