Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please, let me introduce myself  (Read 3237 times)

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Please, let me introduce myself
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:12:33 am »

Greetings from a long time lurker, who has finally decided to join the fun. I was going to write a long (and boring) essay about myself, just to let me know around here; but, being a lazy man, I decided that the best presentation card for a photography forum would be... a selection of my own photos.

I feel nude now.

Rob C

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:53 am »

Quote from: EduPerez
Greetings from a long time lurker, who has finally decided to join the fun. I was going to write a long (and boring) essay about myself, just to let me know around here; but, being a lazy man, I decided that the best presentation card for a photography forum would be... a selection of my own photos.

I feel nude now.

Señor Perez

Bienvenido. Don't worry about feeling naked here - after a few posts we all are - totally.

A much worse feeling is coming off the ferry from Palma de Mallorca at Barcelona and trying to find a way, quickly and safely, onto the A7 Motorway towards Gerona. The only other feeling as desperate is the one you enjoy when you try to do the same thing backwards: finding the right exit from the tunnels and crossing the roundabouts to the ferry terminal without wrecking your car.

But, they do say Barcelona is a beautiful city; so far, it has been a terrifying one!

Saludos

Rob C

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:31:19 am »

Welcome and thanks for sharing your images. A lot of personal work that I find interesting.

Have fun in LL!

Cheers,
Bernardino

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:33:02 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Señor Perez
A much worse feeling is coming off the ferry from Palma de Mallorca at Barcelona and trying to find a way, quickly and safely, onto the A7 Motorway towards Gerona. The only other feeling as desperate is the one you enjoy when you try to do the same thing backwards: finding the right exit from the tunnels and crossing the roundabouts to the ferry terminal without wrecking your car.

That after your sunken sunk, this has been a tough week hasn't it?

Cheers,
Bernard

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:43 pm »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
That after your sunken sunk, this has been a tough week hasn't it?

Cheers,
Bernard

And she ain`t rolled over yet!

They solved the sink blockage problem this afternoon, eventually, and discovered that deep under the house there is also a damaged piece of piping, the result of a hungry rat or rats. This means that they will be back tomorrow to fit a length of new pipe - the plumbers - the rats probably stood quietly by watching and smirking and thinking how cool!

Anyway, the bill for two visits over two days is going to be horrific as, perhaps, the fight to bring it down when I know it could have been solved in one visit had they not vanished on the ringing of a mobile during the first.

Oh well, that's what stress is all about.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 12:36:04 pm »

Welcome Edu. Thanks for showing us your work. It gives us background to go with critiques and comments you contribute. It's good stuff and I like a lot of it. As Rob said, we're all naked here, so don't worry about it. LL seems to be one of a very few, and probably the best forum on the web that actually deals with photographs rather than with equipment. Enjoy.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

button

• http://
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 01:49:58 pm »

Great stuff- I'd love to see you start posting on the critique forum.  Welcome!

John

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:20:06 pm »

Hi Edu, and welcome to the list!  Thanks for sharing your work with us!!  Now, feel free to jump in on any of the discussions that interest you, or start your own...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 07:30:46 am »

Thanks everybody for the warm reception, and special thanks for those kind words about my work. As RSL said, this seems to be one of the few places where people is still more interested in photography than equipment; probably, that is the main reason why I decided to join.

@Rob C: Well, what I can tell you? I suffer that some tunnels each day! And about our roundabouts... we must be the only country in this world who puts traffic lights to enter roundabouts, traffic lights to exit roundabouts, and traffic lights inside roundabouts. Next time you visit us, I hope you can spend some time visiting the city, where or famous pickpockets compensate for our bad traffic.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 03:53:28 pm »

Quote from: EduPerez
Thanks everybody for the warm reception, and special thanks for those kind words about my work. As RSL said, this seems to be one of the few places where people is still more interested in photography than equipment; probably, that is the main reason why I decided to join.

@Rob C: Well, what I can tell you? I suffer that some tunnels each day! And about our roundabouts... we must be the only country in this world who puts traffic lights to enter roundabouts, traffic lights to exit roundabouts, and traffic lights inside roundabouts. Next time you visit us, I hope you can spend some time visiting the city, where or famous pickpockets compensate for our bad traffic.

Señor Perez

Hey, not only are you naked like the rest of us, but you also have a sense of humour!

Bienvenido, dos veces!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up