Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom installation issues  (Read 6640 times)

Khurram

Adobe Lightroom installation issues
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:32:51 pm »

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro computer, as well as Lightroom 2 and having issues installing LR. I get the following error message when I try to install LR:
"the Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance.

These are the steps I followed after inserting the install disk:
1) Agree to the licensing agreement - no issues.
2) Destination Select - says to select a destination where you want to install the Adobe Lightroom software, however the only option it allows is to the Macintosh HD (430.52 GB free). When I click continue, it says that the install will take 85.2MB of space.
3) Note on this step, it provides option to "Change Install Location", however, if i click n that button, it just takes me back to the select a destination screen, where my only option is to select Macintosh HD. I thought maybe i should be saving to the Applications folder, but it doesn't allow me to actually choose the destination.

4) If i shoose Intall, i have to type my password and get the message, "this will take 85.2 MB of space on your computer. Click install to perform a standard intallation on the disk Mackintosh HD"

When I click Install, it goes through the installation process (ie. writing files), but then I get the following error message:
"the Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance.

Note i installed PS CS3 without any issues on this computer last night.

Any idea how to proceed.I was actually on the phone with Adobe support for about an hour after waiting for over 45 min to get through.  

After not being able to figure out the issue, they gave me a link to the following help document:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333654.html

I've tried these steps - with the exception of deleting all the applications when I got the computer last night.  Before I try that step, I thought I'd see if anyone has had the issue I'm having - it took a long time to do all of the other installs on my new macbook last night, so if I can avoid having to do the rest of the installs again, i'd prefer to find another solution.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

francois

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:45:40 pm »

Quote from: Khurram
I just purchased a new Macbook Pro computer, as well as Lightroom 2 and having issues installing LR. I get the following error message when I try to install LR:

These are the steps I followed after inserting the install disk:
1) Agree to the licensing agreement - no issues.
2) Destination Select - says to select a destination where you want to install the Adobe Lightroom software, however the only option it allows is to the Macintosh HD (430.52 GB free). When I click continue, it says that the install will take 85.2MB of space.
3) Note on this step, it provides option to "Change Install Location", however, if i click n that button, it just takes me back to the select a destination screen, where my only option is to select Macintosh HD. I thought maybe i should be saving to the Applications folder, but it doesn't allow me to actually choose the destination.

4) If i shoose Intall, i have to type my password and get the message, "this will take 85.2 MB of space on your computer. Click install to perform a standard intallation on the disk Mackintosh HD"

When I click Install, it goes through the installation process (ie. writing files), but then I get the following error message:

Note i installed PS CS3 without any issues on this computer last night.

Any idea how to proceed.I was actually on the phone with Adobe support for about an hour after waiting for over 45 min to get through.  

After not being able to figure out the issue, they gave me a link to the following help document:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333654.html

I've tried these steps - with the exception of deleting all the applications when I got the computer last night.  Before I try that step, I thought I'd see if anyone has had the issue I'm having - it took a long time to do all of the other installs on my new macbook last night, so if I can avoid having to do the rest of the installs again, i'd prefer to find another solution.
Have you tried to download and install the last Lightroom update or demo from Adobe's website? The demo becomes the "real thing" once you enter your licence key.

You can try to see if some error messages are written to the Console. (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) when the installer fails.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:46:09 pm by francois »
Francois

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:00 pm »

Quote from: francois
Have you tried to download and install the last Lightroom update or demo from Adobe's website? The demo becomes the "real thing" once you enter your licence key.

You can try to see if some error messages are written to the Console. (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) when the installer fails.
Hi Francois - as usual great advice!! No issues with the install following your advice.  I can't believe I wasted over an hour on the adobe helpdesk with their helpdesk person and over another 45 minutes waiting to get throught!!

Really appreciate your help!
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:27:40 pm »

Quote from: Khurram
Hi Francois - as usual great advice!! No issues with the install following your advice.  I can't believe I wasted over an hour on the adobe helpdesk with their helpdesk person and over another 45 minutes waiting to get throught!!

Really appreciate your help!
Glad to hear that it worked OK and that you now have a fully functional Lightroom.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:28:07 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up