Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: profoto pro-6????  (Read 1985 times)

ixpressraf

profoto pro-6????
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:29:07 am »

Probably not the exact place to post this question but since most pro's come here i give it a try. I was wondering if anyone has used the profoto pro-6 powerpack. I know of the pro 7 and own a pro 8air myself but I am interested in expanding my gear in a less expensive way. Any comments on the 6 are welcome.
Greetz.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:29:40 am by ixpressraf »

jing q

• we are super
profoto pro-6????
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 03:51:20 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
Probably not the exact place to post this question but since most pro's come here i give it a try. I was wondering if anyone has used the profoto pro-6 powerpack. I know of the pro 7 and own a pro 8air myself but I am interested in expanding my gear in a less expensive way. Any comments on the 6 are welcome.
Greetz.

heavy. flash duration is pretty good.
great value for money but just make sure your repair shop has parts for it. they're pretty old already

K.C.

profoto pro-6????
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:46:36 am »

Workhorse of the industry in many a pro studio. Great light, short duration, non-intuitive controls and over-priced like all Profoto gear.

I bought one that was rebuilt by Profoto and sold with a brand new head. It's worked great for a couple of years and I expect it will continue to for many more.

Parts are readily available and so are shops that can maintain them.

Graham Mitchell

profoto pro-6????
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:17:21 am »

I have only Pro 6 packs. They have been very good to me so far.

LA30

profoto pro-6????
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:13:26 am »

I own 2, the 6As.  1200Ws.  They were rental house packs...I got them VERY cheap and they work great.  I do have a back up always :^)  I use then with brand new Pro 7 heads.

Best,

Ken

TMARK

profoto pro-6????
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:56:39 pm »

I only replaced my Pro 6 with Pro 7s because I was worried they were getting long in the tooth.  They always worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up