Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help bubbles in the cartridges of 11880  (Read 1169 times)

bronica7

• http://www.andyschulz.net
Need help bubbles in the cartridges of 11880
« on: September 29, 2009, 12:28:52 am »

Hello there its the first time I post in this forum:
I have a friend and he has a 11880 epson large format printer , I can do my printing there for a good price.
Yesterday we had a chat about some prints to be done. He has the  following problem he said he reckognized bubbles in the cartridges or ink tanks. and the printer is stopping immediately after swiching on.
He popped the tanks several times on the table but the bubbles are still there???
??? Is it a hardware problem or is there something wrong with the tanks?
The printer is 10 months old.
Should we try to call epson directly. The distributor couldnt fiddle out the problem.
the tanks are nearly half empty so would be expensive to change.
any help and advice would be great.
Here under my thread or my email: as@andyschulz.net
Sorry for my bad english:)

Warm Regards Andy
Photographer
Munich germany
www.andyschulz.net

Ernst Dinkla

Need help bubbles in the cartridges of 11880
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:30:43 am »

Quote from: bronica7
Hello there its the first time I post in this forum:
I have a friend and he has a 11880 epson large format printer , I can do my printing there for a good price.
Yesterday we had a chat about some prints to be done. He has the  following problem he said he reckognized bubbles in the cartridges or ink tanks. and the printer is stopping immediately after swiching on.
He popped the tanks several times on the table but the bubbles are still there???
??? Is it a hardware problem or is there something wrong with the tanks?
The printer is 10 months old.
Should we try to call epson directly. The distributor couldnt fiddle out the problem.
the tanks are nearly half empty so would be expensive to change.
any help and advice would be great.
Here under my thread or my email: as@andyschulz.net
Sorry for my bad english:)

Warm Regards Andy
Photographer
Munich germany
www.andyschulz.net

What I know of 9800 carts is that it isn't difficult at all to pull out some ink with a syringe (without a needle) if you cut a small v groove in the syringe point. Then the point isn't blocked by the ball in the carts valve. That way you should be able to take out air if you keep the valve at the highest position. Don't shake the cart before that trick, it will only disperse the air in the ink. I have no 11880 cart here but I doubt they changed the valve. Don't try to push ink back when finished, there will be a back flow valve to prevent that. Try to get out air only. There have been reports that service men just put in a small screw driver in to let the air off but I doubt that works on an half empty cart.

Edit: Something I used to do with the 10000 carts after refilling that may help here too. There is an air inlet on the Epson air pressurised carts. If you can find a 50 cm long tube that fits that air inlet and you keep the other end in your mouth to apply some air pressure on the cart then you should be able yo use a very small screw driver to let the air off on the cart connector valve. May be easier than the syringe method. End of edit.

I'm told that where the 11880 cart differs it is in the extra damper (sieve) it has integrated.
It either replaces the damper at the head or is an extra one.

As far as I'm (Dutch by origin) qualified to judge your English, there is nothing wrong in it for this forum.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:42:00 am by Ernst Dinkla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up