Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider is to provide lenses to Phaseone 645  (Read 39524 times)

AlDoori

Schneider is to provide lenses to Phaseone 645
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 01:45:10 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
designed by Schneider..IMO
exactly that is not the text.
that was the reason for my post above.
anyway, we will know more when we see the lens.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 03:16:11 am »

Quote from: AlDoori

Doesn't really matter does it ? As long as the end result is good, it will work. Mamiya can assemble brilliant glass just look at the 150D for example. Don't think Schneider could do any better.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:17:22 am by Christopher »
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

tho_mas

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2009, 03:58:53 am »

has been stated in one of the press releases you'll find on the Phase website

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2009, 03:57:24 pm »

Hi guys!

I got my hands on a 645DF today and had about 30 mins to play with it.

First impression, AF is alot faster than the AFDIII model i noticed it right away. The shutter button is alot smoother more like a dslr, i like it alot. And the shutterlag is impressive, alot faster then previous model. The grips is also changed a bit which is an improvement.

Didn't test image quality on the 80mm lens. The 110mm which i'm interested in will be available in january and is said to be extremly sharp

The grip will be available in april and have some cool functions. My rep gave me some clues that there will be a possibility with more functions on the grip which sounds great

I've already ordered my upgrade  and will probably get the 110mm to but that will expensive probably same price as the 150mm 2.8D i think

1/1600 flash sync on the LS lenses will only be available on p40+ and p65+ for the other backs only 1/800.

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2009, 03:58:32 am »

I am quite surprised that no 180 2.8 was announced - I love that one on my Rollei. Add the 1.4 longar and eventually the 300 4.0 and the telephoto part is covered  
I don't have a signature.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2009, 04:35:06 am »

Quote from: dustblue
I agree that art is not about numbers most of the times. But for some kind of art number is the key.

Asume I want to do a splash shot of a athlete under direct sunlight and use flash to darken the sun, I want the splashes to be sharp, then the full power flash duration would be important. (or simply I neet more power to do a freeze shot, then the full power flash duration would be important too)

I did this with a kind of lamp which  worth less than $400, tack sharp splashes. I didn't rent any luxury equipments only because I know the numbers(guess what did I use?).

Out of curiosity: My guess would be something like a Nikon SB800. Pretty powerful and fast and under USD400.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:35:36 am by Dustbak »

dustblue

• http://www.moko.cc/dustblue
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2009, 04:53:52 am »

Bingo!:)  I even use 3 sb800s(with umbrella) for fashion editorials. Attached pics were shot last month. I really love these powerful little things.
Quote from: Dustbak
Out of curiosity: My guess would be something like a Nikon SB800. Pretty powerful and fast and under USD400.
oh.. I'm so off the topic...sorry!

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2009, 05:25:50 am »

Bingo!:)  I even use 3 sb800s(with umbrella) for fashion editorials. Attached pics were shot last month. I really love these powerful little things.

oh.. I'm so off the topic...sorry!
I have 4 Metz's for this type of work... they are compact and quick to set up ...giving studio quality pictures anywhere.

I think my Elinchrome 1500's have a short duration at low power.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

pcunite

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2009, 09:23:08 pm »

Bingo!:)  I even use 3 sb800s(with umbrella) for fashion editorials.

I use five 580EX II and find them very useful.

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2009, 11:54:58 am »

Looks like the new lenses will work on the afd III but with some limitations according ty my dealer, not sure what limitations yet though.

AlDoori

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2009, 04:02:01 pm »

Mamiya Sekor 2.8/80mm D/LeafShutter, photokina 2oo8
[attachment=17162:Sekor_2_8_80_ZVS.jpg]
"PhaseOne lenses" , " Schneider certified" 2oo9
[attachment=17161:sk_phase...bjektive.jpg]

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »

Mamiya Sekor 2.8/80mm D/LeafShutter, photokina 2oo8
[attachment=17162:Sekor_2_8_80_ZVS.jpg]
"PhaseOne lenses" , " Schneider certified" 2oo9
[attachment=17161:sk_phase...bjektive.jpg]
These lenses look yellow or green, and this would make them like the Mamiya lenses I hated on my Mamiya C330 in the 1970s.

In the days of transparencies good lenses that produce nice colour (e.g. Hasselblad) look purple on overcast days as they reject the blue cast. With digital raw you can apply the filter in the computer.

It was still possible to use Mamiya for colour transparency work if you used a red-biased film like Agfa CT18 and a pale pink filter (15 Mired) in overcast weather. I remember a pro using an RB67 and pro Kodak Ektachrome, and a blue batch correction filter and getting an awful result. I sent in my pictures, but they arrived too late to go in the brochure.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2009, 07:10:19 pm »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
These lenses look yellow or green, and this would make them like the Mamiya lenses I hated on my Mamiya C330 in the 1970s.

In the days of transparencies good lenses that produce nice colour (e.g. Hasselblad) look purple on overcast days as they reject the blue cast. With digital raw you can apply the filter in the computer.

It was still possible to use Mamiya for colour transparency work if you used a red-biased film like Agfa CT18 and a pale pink filter (15 Mired) in overcast weather. I remember a pro using an RB67 and pro Kodak Ektachrome, and a blue batch correction filter and getting an awful result. I sent in my pictures, but they arrived too late to go in the brochure.
HC50mm

CFi 50mm

Tele Xenar 180mm

APO-Sironar 180mm

And last, Macro Digitar 120mm

...must be all producing the same awful yellow colour...

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:51 pm »

I smell a recall, esp on the inverted Rodenstocks (someone at Linos must feel pretty dumb about now)

AlDoori

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2009, 03:19:09 pm »

the Mamiya645DF is still not mentioned on the mamiya germany site, that was not updated since 2oo8.
the swiss are faster:
www.graphicart.ch published data of that camera, that will also be sold with a PhaseOne label.
http://www.graphicart.ch/bilder/5_Mittelfo...5DF_eng_fin.pdf
it might be worth to notice, that the leaf shutter LS lenses are not called "Schneider-Kreuznach", but Sekor like all other mamiya lenses.
the 3 lenses are also not mentioned on http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/foto/foto.htm
neither Mamiya nor Schneider seem to mention any cooperation.

only PhaseOne stated in a press release, the lenses are "certified", not "made by" Schneider.

The release of the 645DF also heralds the launch of the new Sekor LS series of 80mm, 55mm and 110mm lenses.
The Sekor LS lens series is designed for use with the 645DF and each lens incorporates a lens shutter. Full speed
synchronization up to 1/800 sec. at the X contact is enabled via the lens shutter which allows greater flexibility for
day-light synchronization, etc. Since the shutter charges automatically by pressing the shutter button, the lenses can be
used in the same way as existing 645AF lenses.
The photographer can program the camera to shoot using the focal plane shutter or lens shutter simply by setting the
preferred mode in custom functions.

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:20 am »

it might be worth to notice, that the leaf shutter LS lenses are not called "Schneider-Kreuznach", but Sekor like all other mamiya lenses.
the 3 lenses are also not mentioned on http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/foto/foto.htm
neither Mamiya nor Schneider seem to mention any cooperation.

only PhaseOne stated in a press release, the lenses are "certified", not "made by" Schneider.

Interesting. But the fact that the lenses are not mentioned on the Schneider Kreuznach website does not mean much. E.g. the Schneider lenses for Rollei have also not been appearing on their site.
On the issue of "Schneider Kreuznach" lenses with Mamiya mount for PhaseOne and Mamiya cameras I really wonder what exactly the real contribution of Schneider Kreuznach is. The manufacturing and final assembly, a crucial important element for any optical system, is certainly not done in Kreuznach, Germany... It seems more PR-branding not unlike the "Zeiss" for Sony and "Leica" for Panasonic, I am afraid.
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2010, 09:52:27 am »

Quote from: EricWHiss
I'm both excited and troubled by this news.  Excited because  these lenses are bound to be fantastic if they are anything like what I've used with my Rollei.  But troubled because of the path that resulted in this union.  I like the phase backs and the schneider lenses... I'm just bummed that these two couldn't have been combined with a more advanced camera.  I may be wrong but my impression is that a 10 year old Rollei 6008 AF is still more advanced and better featured than the latest and greatest phamiya body.   I also had hopped to see the 6x6 format option...

+2

Mr. Rib

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2010, 10:17:53 am »

My impression is the same.. If there were some 3rd party adapters for newer P1 backs, I'd gladly switch back to Rollei. Even after using RZ67 Pro IID (from time to time I miss the shutter speed)

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2010, 10:39:48 am »

Quote from: Mr. Rib
My impression is the same.. If there were some 3rd party adapters for newer P1 backs, I'd gladly switch back to Rollei. Even after using RZ67 Pro IID (from time to time I miss the shutter speed)

It is possible to order PhaseOne backs in a mount for Rolleiflex 6008 AF (not Hy6) through the dealer.

Mr. Rib

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2010, 10:42:25 am »

I thought the latest supported back is phase one p20 (db20p)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up