Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC3090: Doesn't hold tilt angle  (Read 2522 times)

walter.sk

NEC3090: Doesn't hold tilt angle
« on: September 27, 2009, 10:05:55 pm »

My NEC 3090 is going on a year in age, and I still think it's a wonderful display.  However, the last few times I calibrated it, when I tilted the screen up so that the colorimeter lay flat, the monitor swung back to the vertical angle.  

Is there any way I can tighten the pivot to correct this?  I don't see any easy access to screws or other means of tightening the pivot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:06:33 pm by walter.sk »

peteh

• http://
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:01:05 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
My NEC 3090 is going on a year in age, and I still think it's a wonderful display.  However, the last few times I calibrated it, when I tilted the screen up so that the colorimeter lay flat, the monitor swung back to the vertical angle.  

Is there any way I can tighten the pivot to correct this?  I don't see any easy access to screws or other means of tightening the pivot.

I have a 2690 and 1 1/2 years old or so and the monitor won't stay up after raising it up. Mine looks like you might be able to adjust the tilt tightness. Good Luck !

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:20:36 pm »

Quote from: peteh
I have a 2690 and 1 1/2 years old or so and the monitor won't stay up after raising it up. Mine looks like you might be able to adjust the tilt tightness. Good Luck !
The only things to "adjust" that I can see are the screws on top of the base unit. I'm afraid to loosen them for fear that the monitor would fall.  In a couple of weeks I'll be at PhotoExpoPlus, and I'll seek out the NEC people.  They had a booth there last year and were very helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up