Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shapes  (Read 1772 times)

John R

Shapes
« on: September 25, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »

I saw these shapes on an industrial on the way home. I rather like the juxtaposition of shapes to the sky area, which has become another shape.

JMR

Ed Blagden

Shapes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:00 am »

I rather like this one - the abstract geometric shapes are made more powerful by the lines of the corrugated steel.  The light fitting, if that is what it is, on mid-right is unfortunate though.  For me, it takes away from the abstraction by giving a sense of scale.

I would rather like to see this one in colour... not sure if it would be better, but it might be.

Ed

John R

Shapes
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:19 am »

Quote from: Ed B
I rather like this one - the abstract geometric shapes are made more powerful by the lines of the corrugated steel.  The light fitting, if that is what it is, on mid-right is unfortunate though.  For me, it takes away from the abstraction by giving a sense of scale.

I would rather like to see this one in colour... not sure if it would be better, but it might be.

Ed
Well, this is one where you can crop and decide the proportinons as much as you want. I think that light is a security camera. I wanted to get closer to take more shots of different shapes but I couldn't. Here is the colour version which is monotones of blue and white, appealing its own right.

JMR

Ed Blagden

Shapes
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 09:28:53 am »

Hmm, the colour would have been nice if the blues on the building weren't blue.  Here is one with the security camera cloned out (badly).

[attachment=16838:Sept_25_...7_LScopy.jpg]

ps I like your picture very much

SCQ

Shapes
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:35:03 pm »

I personally think that the security camera juxtaposes nicely to the rigid planes of shade/color. The only thing that irks me a little is how the vertical lines converge slightly. It would've been a more powerful image had you perspective corrected it.

John R

Shapes
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:15:59 pm »

Quote from: SCQ
I personally think that the security camera juxtaposes nicely to the rigid planes of shade/color. The only thing that irks me a little is how the vertical lines converge slightly. It would've been a more powerful image had you perspective corrected it.
What can I say, I can fix all of those things if I they thought they mattered that much. It was a spontaneous shot and I thought the esence was to capture the shapes and monotone colours. Thanks for the comments guys.

JMR
Pages: [1]   Go Up