Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 problem  (Read 1206 times)

peterpix

• http://perpublisher.com
3800 problem
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:07:08 am »

Any thoughts on  why my 3800 sheet feeder has  stopped picking up the paper? I keep getting the error message saying paper misfeed, I press the load paper button, but after various mechanical motions, the printer again  says a misfeed. I've been printing for  show for a month or so and  day sheet feeder problems began. Manual front load works fine but not quite so convenient.

Peter
Peter Randall

Langsey

3800 problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:28:51 am »

Peter,
You will probably going to have call Epson on this. I just purchased a new 3800. I had a problem with the sheet feeder in that the photo wouldn't advance any further. It just kept printing on the last 1/8 of the print. I had to manually pull the photo when it was finished. I didn't have any error messages. I used Epson's email support at first. They tried some software corrections which didn't help. I then called and diagnosed it a mechanical problem. Printer had to be replaced. Glad it was in warranty.  Hopefully it is a firmware update or software correction and not a mechanical problem. They answered the email in a timely manner. They were real helpful and knowledgeable when i talked to them. Good Luck.
John
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:31:10 am by Langsey »

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
3800 problem
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 11:29:16 am »

If you're talking about the rear feeder, I've noticed that any curl in the sheets (especially heavier fine art papers) will cause this.  What I do is manually curl the paper in the opposite direction so it lies a little bit flatter.  This usually works on the first try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up