Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase P65+ color calibration - anyone getting really correct colors ?  (Read 1846 times)

Jann Lipka

• http://www.lipka.se

Anyone calibrating their camera P65+ files ?

I'm would like to  trying something not overly complicated ,
For example :
X-Rite CC Passport
would be great if usable in PhaseOne Capture One 4x... - working on RAW level .

I'm having some troubles with getting precise colors , specially within Red hues ...
( I would like to avoid adjusting by the numbers - using comparison with real life swatch books )

Most of RAW calibration tools are available for DNG/ACR , is there anything of interest for Capture ?

I'm aware of ability to make ICC profile on linear processed TIFFs , but my experience tells me the results are not that good....

simplify

Phase P65+ color calibration - anyone getting really correct colors ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:23:48 am »

One suggestion is to set the curve to 'linear response' in Capture One.  I feel it is a much better starting point, especially with fine art reproduction, which it sounds like you are doing.  FYI, I own a P45+

Jann Lipka

• http://www.lipka.se
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:19 am »

I know color Editor and use it -
I would like to use some more scientific method -
RAW calibration seems to be that ,
( I know it is not going to give me perfect results, but for some critical color match I need better starting point that C1 profiles ..
( for given light setup )

michele

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:59:27 pm »

I did some tests with raw calibrator, the results are more pleasing but not scientific and not near to the colors of the target. Also capture one is far from the real colors. I think you need a software that allows you to make an ICC profile for each kind of light, then you can use it with camera raw and capture one, correct me but this should be the only "scientific" metod
Pages: [1]   Go Up