Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900 Multiple Cleans After ink Switch?  (Read 1339 times)

JimGoshorn

7900 Multiple Cleans After ink Switch?
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:35 pm »

OK, I have read that even with auto clean off, the printer will run a clean cycle after an ink switch. But does it have to do it multiple times? Nozzles were clear and I switched from PK to MK ink and by the time it got done with the cleanings, it had used 4% of the maintenance tank.

Is that "normal" for these printers or should I be back on the phone with Epson?

Thanks!

Jim

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:21:20 am »

Quote from: JimGoshorn
OK, I have read that even with auto clean off, the printer will run a clean cycle after an ink switch. But does it have to do it multiple times? Nozzles were clear and I switched from PK to MK ink and by the time it got done with the cleanings, it had used 4% of the maintenance tank.

Is that "normal" for these printers or should I be back on the phone with Epson?

Many people have had similar frustrations with the 7900/9900 including ink wastage when switching blacks.
If you search these forums you will find related threads going all the way back to November/December 2008.
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK

mcmorrison

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:24 am »

Hello,

Apparently, even with ANC, etc. off, 7900/9900s will still do a nozzle check and clean after switching black inks. One solution is to use service mode (hold down center, east, and south buttons while starting up). In service mode, one can switch inks without an ANC. You can run a nozzle check print from the Epson Utility 3 to find out if there are any clogs, and can also run a per channel clean—also without initiating an ANC—if needed. Printing works from service mode as well, though some functions are not available. Check other threads for details.

Best,

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up