Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael, coincidence - A paris September 2009  (Read 2145 times)

jschone

Michael, coincidence - A paris September 2009
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:51:01 am »

Well, this is the same woman, shot by my friend and client (I do all his post-production and printing work), the Italian photographer Piergiorgio Branzi. He has an extensive archive on Paris (starting from the 1950's).
We never actually used this image so this is just a straight scan. Maybe a nice idea to sent the lady 2 prints?!

Jochem

Ps. nice detail: Piergiorgio (1928) being a long time Leica user has just ordered the m9 (this particular image was shot the M3)

[attachment=16762:pbr_paris_mdme.jpg]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:00:29 am by jschone »

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:54 pm »

Quote from: jschone
Well, this is the same woman, shot by my friend and client (I do all his post-production and printing work), the Italian photographer Piergiorgio Branzi. He has an extensive archive on Paris (starting from the 1950's).
We never actually used this image so this is just a straight scan. Maybe a nice idea to sent the lady 2 prints?!

Jochem

Ps. nice detail: Piergiorgio (1928) being a long time Leica user has just ordered the m9 (this particular image was shot the M3)

[attachment=16762:pbr_paris_mdme.jpg]

Quite amusing!

Now we only need someone who'll take a "candid" shot of Michael kissing his wife in front of the Hotel de Ville.

jschone

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:43:06 pm »

I asked Piergiorgio today, and this image he shot in 1999. Incredible that this woman has hardly changed at all in 10 years! He told me that at that time, her mother was also (still) there and he was attracted by the almost 'geisha' kind of appearance of the mother and daughter (the one in the photos)

Quote from: PierreVandevenne
Quite amusing!

Now we only need someone who'll take a "candid" shot of Michael kissing his wife in front of the Hotel de Ville.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:46:34 pm by jschone »

michael

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:47:21 pm »

Jochem,

I don't recall her name, but she is quite a famous local artist with a gallery in St Germain. Many of her paintings and drawings are part of a line of popular greeting cards. (Hey, we all have to make a living).

We were crossing the street by her gallery when I spotted her in the window changing the display. I was taken how similar her and her art appeared – the angle of her pose alongside the Eiffel Tower image, and also the colour juxtaposition with the car that happened to be parked in front.

Michael

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 06:23:33 pm »

Quote from: michael
Many of her paintings and drawings are part of a line of popular greeting cards. (Hey, we all have to make a living)...
Ah well, she probably thanks her lucky stars that at least she hasn't yet had to resort to publishing an online website.  ;-P

Nice photo.  I really like her expression because it is open to many interpretations.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up