Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change LR's Behavior  (Read 1720 times)

EarlyMan

Change LR's Behavior
« on: September 21, 2009, 07:14:19 am »

Hi Gang -

LR has begun acting different of late and I'm not sure what has happened. (I only mention this next part, as it is the only thing different that I have done recently).  I had LR make 1:1 previews for the catalog. Somewhere around then, whenever I started LR, it took about 1 minute for the program to launch. Additionally, when I entered the develop module (only the first time), it also took about 1 minute for it to open.

Thinking the 1:1 previews might be causing the problem, I deleted all of them; it made no difference. I have optimized the catalog, but that doesn't help either.  Nothing else has changed. I have plenty of HD space available, a full time disk defragmenter, etc.

any ideas?

-E
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:19:47 am by EarlyMan »

mpenney

Change LR's Behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:44:44 am »

Quote from: EarlyMan
Hi Gang -

LR has begun acting different of late and I'm not sure what has happened. (I only mention this next part, as it is the only thing different that I have done recently).  I had LR make 1:1 previews for the catalog. Somewhere around then, whenever I started LR, it took about 1 minute for the program to launch. Additionally, when I entered the develop module (only the first time), it also took about 1 minute for it to open.

Thinking the 1:1 previews might be causing the problem, I deleted all of them; it made no difference. I have optimized the catalog, but that doesn't help either.  Nothing else has changed. I have plenty of HD space available, a full time disk defragmenter, etc.

any ideas?

-E

Dump the one to one previews... It's like carrying 2 tons of extra fuel to go to the grocery store.
There is no need  to have these. the program will make one in 2 seconds if you need one sometime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up