Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Roll to Sheet Paper?  (Read 1298 times)

Tom H.

From Roll to Sheet Paper?
« on: September 19, 2009, 11:53:16 pm »

Pictorico White Plastic Film is not avaialbe in 17" wide sheets - it is available in 17" rolls.
No good for a 3800 ....
Has anyone ever tried manully cutting sheets out of a roll?
How did you flatten it?
I'm thinking it's a non starter, but I'd be curious if anyone has had any  success and if there were any tricks?

Randy Carone

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:52:51 am »

I've cut rolls into sheets on many occasions with excellent results. I don't believe curling is an issue with the Pictorico film. I have printed sample of this material on several Epson (and Roland) printers and it seems very similar to Roland's PETG film. Both materials image very well with no curling issues.
Randy Carone

Alan Ruuska

• Alan Ruuska Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:38:12 am »

Quote from: Randy Carone
I've cut rolls into sheets on many occasions with excellent results. I don't believe curling is an issue with the Pictorico film. I have printed sample of this material on several Epson (and Roland) printers and it seems very similar to Roland's PETG film. Both materials image very well with no curling issues.

I've cut sheets from 17" wide Museo Max. I have a heavy weight vinyl window shade (Colony "Colonial Glass") that I  had cut to 24" wide that I unroll over a cut 17" X 25" sheet. I don't know what the minimum time is but this summer (humid here in Massachusetts) I'd leave the sheets for 15 or 20 minutes and they'd come out perfectly flat. I had previously tried using the roll up shade like a D-Roller, but it put a severe opposite curl in the sheets.

Alan
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:53:21 pm by AwRuuska »
Pages: [1]   Go Up