Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibration Problem W/ Spyder 3  (Read 4061 times)

mbrphoto

Calibration Problem W/ Spyder 3
« on: September 19, 2009, 06:20:47 pm »

Just picked up a Spyder 3 and just can't seem to get the monitor calibrated.  It's an LG Flatron, 22" connected through a DVI  cable.  Previously calibrated with an Eye One.  Ran the software bundled with it and it finished the calibration with  a distinctive green cast.  Gamma was set at 2.2 and Luminance @ 100.  Tried it a couple of times, uninstalling and re-installing, switch up USB ports etc...
Then loaded the demo version of Color Eyes and it still came through with a green cast, but not as bad.  Looked at a couple of images in PS and oranges/pinks were garish and blues were way off.  
Next step was to re-calibrate using the Eye One through Color Eyes and everything worked out great.  

Any thoughts?

(And yes, the thought of returning the package and just getting the Spyder Print app has crossed my mind, not sure if I can though...)

Thanks!!

bobrapp

• http://
Calibration Problem W/ Spyder 3
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:06:47 am »

Quote from: mbrphoto
Just picked up a Spyder 3 and just can't seem to get the monitor calibrated.  It's an LG Flatron, 22" connected through a DVI  cable.  Previously calibrated with an Eye One.  Ran the software bundled with it and it finished the calibration with  a distinctive green cast.  Gamma was set at 2.2 and Luminance @ 100.  Tried it a couple of times, uninstalling and re-installing, switch up USB ports etc...
Then loaded the demo version of Color Eyes and it still came through with a green cast, but not as bad.  Looked at a couple of images in PS and oranges/pinks were garish and blues were way off.  
Next step was to re-calibrate using the Eye One through Color Eyes and everything worked out great.  

Any thoughts?

(And yes, the thought of returning the package and just getting the Spyder Print app has crossed my mind, not sure if I can though...)

Thanks!!

I had a similar problem with one of my monitors. After calibration, I used the colorimeter tool to measure the monitor's white point only to find it was off. In my case, it was blue. I simply adjusted the blue color slider back in the monitor's setup and calibrated and checked again - spot on.

Speaking of the colorimeter tool, I used it to adjust the white intensity and balanced both of my monitors.

Bob Rapp
Pages: [1]   Go Up