Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS Pro Back  (Read 1868 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Kodak DCS Pro Back
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:08:12 pm »

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the DCS Pro Hasselblad V back will work on the Flexbody? It says it is for the 555 ELD.

jfwfoto

Kodak DCS Pro Back
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:19:44 am »

The ELD is the only camera fully compatible because of the contacts on the back of the body. The 503ex and the 503cw are compatible if you have the special synch/release cords made by Kodak, works very good. For other applications such as view camera or flexbody you will need the special synch/release made only by the Kapture Group. This is only for the Proback Plus. The one called Proback will work only on the camera it was designed to fit. The synch/release is no longer a stock item since the back is discontinued, but they may be able to make one up for you. As it happens I have a spare that I will sell if you are interested.

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Kodak DCS Pro Back
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:12:07 am »

Hi,
Thanks for the info. I just realized that because of the crop factor wide angle photography would be a problem so I will have to pass on this back.
Quote from: jfwfoto
The ELD is the only camera fully compatible because of the contacts on the back of the body. The 503ex and the 503cw are compatible if you have the special synch/release cords made by Kodak, works very good. For other applications such as view camera or flexbody you will need the special synch/release made only by the Kapture Group. This is only for the Proback Plus. The one called Proback will work only on the camera it was designed to fit. The synch/release is no longer a stock item since the back is discontinued, but they may be able to make one up for you. As it happens I have a spare that I will sell if you are interested.

jfwfoto

Kodak DCS Pro Back
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:48:31 pm »

Quote from: Mike Sellers
Hi,
Thanks for the info. I just realized that because of the crop factor wide angle photography would be a problem so I will have to pass on this back.
I use the Kodak back with the Kapture Group Truwide and Nikon shift lenses plus an Oly24mm in Nikon mount. The setup works very well and is a lot less expensive than view camera type options. With the 24mm I can get 12mm shift in all 4 directions with little fall off. I do get a clipped corner at the extremes. When I want to go wider I shoot 2 side by side and merge them in pshop. The sliding back makes viewing/shooting very easy using a Hassy viewfinder. Camera can be fitted for different backs as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up