Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opening catalogs  (Read 1638 times)

stever

opening catalogs
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:07 pm »

starting with version 2.3, i have been unable to open a different catalog without re-starting my windows computer - ???  

since this didn't change with 2.4 or 2.5 maybe it's not entirely a LR problem - but i haven't a clue what to do about it

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
opening catalogs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:50:31 pm »

I've used Lightroom since v. 1.0, and I've always had Lightroom restart when I change catalogs. It's irritating, but not a big deal. Is it creating problems for you?

Tklimek

opening catalogs
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:13:13 pm »

Nemo...

Without putting words in Stevers mouth, I believe he said he needed to restart his entire computer; not just Lightroom.

Is that correct Stever?

Obviously, that shouldn't be the case, the correct behavior is as Nemo states; Lightroom should restart with the new catalog chosen.  You might try the usual fixes for LR (I think one this is usually recommended is deleting the prefs file - although I would back it up first in case that is not problem), and another might be compressing the catalog.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: nemophoto
I've used Lightroom since v. 1.0, and I've always had Lightroom restart when I change catalogs. It's irritating, but not a big deal. Is it creating problems for you?

stever

opening catalogs
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 07:27:34 pm »

right, i have to restart the computer, i'll try deleting prefs after i see what's there

not sure why compression would make a difference - problem is the same regardless of catalog size
Pages: [1]   Go Up