Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revolutionary HDR Software --- HDR Darkroom for your test(both available on windows and Mac)  (Read 7895 times)

hdrdarkroom

We would like to invite you to test our innovative HDR software – HDR Darkroom, which provides you surreal HDR results and photo-realistic/natural results for your HDR photography in one package.

After a few months of hard work our HDR Darkroom 1.0 Windows beta test version is finally available to the public. No matter if you are a professional photographer or you are a newcomer to HDR photography, please feel free to download our HDR Darkroom beta version and test our innovative technology.

HDR Darkroom packages two patented sophisticated Local Tone Mapping Engines for your preference no matter you like surreal HDR effect or photo-realistic/natural result. One is called Local Tone Balancer, which is aimed to provide more surreal HDR effect. The other is called Local Tone Enhancer, which is oriented to provide more photo-realistic/natural result.

The following is the download link for HDR Darkroom Windows beta test version:

HDR Darkroom 1.0 Windows Beta Version Setup.exe

To download Mac version, please click the link below:

http://www.hdrdarkroom.com/forum/index.php?topic=234.0

Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or opinions in this forum at:

www.hdrdarkroom.com/forum/index.php

or send us emails directly at:

hdrdarkroom@gmail.com

Your feedback will help us make improvements for the final product. We plan to provide product discounts and other rewards to those who have helped us in the beta test stage.

During this testing stage we welcome you to send us your HDR photos that have been created using our HDR Darkroom software. We will select to publish several of the photos on our showcase page with your name (if you want this information published). In addition, if your work is published you will receive a free version of HDR Darkroom once the standard version is released.

We hope all of you enjoy our product and that we can work together in the future to continually improve HDR Darkroom. Thank you!
HDR Darkroom Development Team

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

Quote from: hdrdarkroom
HDR Darkroom 1.0 Windows Beta Version Setup.exe

Your windows link is not a link (as of 9:15am EST).

bigalbest

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Your windows link is not a link (as of 9:15am EST).

The link takes you to both.

tho_mas

only 8bit images are working?? or is there a limitation in file size?

walter.sk

Thank you for the link.  I downloaded the Windows Beta version.  I've been using Photomatix for about 2 months now, as well as having tried CS4's Merge to HDR and also Picturenaut.  I was pleasantly surprised by HDR Darkroom, which gave me results using the default settings that were as good in terms of clolor, saturation, white and black point setting, etc, as what I can achieve in Photomatix only after 20 minutes or so of using the various sliders.  I did find some bugs, which I posted on the HDR-D forum.

The interface is simple and elegant, the operation is very intutitive, and it provides a good starting point for the "painterly" tone mapping.  The "natural" tonemapping was excellent.  I have yet to try HDR-D on images with ghosting from moving trees, water, or moving objects such as people.

Congratulations on what appears to be a successful program.  I hope that the pricing will also be a pleasant surprise.

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com

I had high hopes for this but.............Its not quite ready for prime time. After installation it crashed on the first image I tried to process and failed to even open subsequently. These were 3 16bit 21MP files with a 2 stop spread. This is on a 64 bit Vista machine. I then tried converting them to 8 bit and the same thing happened. Numerous re-installs later repeating the same problems and I gave up and uninstalled it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:48:41 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

AlexM

• Alex Maxim fashion and glamour photographer in Toronto

On Win7 x64 crashes right after opening a 39MP tiff, but opens the same file as a jpeg, crashes after tone mapping though.

JSK

Works well on my Mac Book Pro

I tried +2, 0, -2 and it made it a little dirty looking but once I tried +2, +1, 0, -1, -2 and an extra one for neon light -6 in this case
made it look AMAZING plus no sharpening needed it just looks crisp and no traces of HDR whatsoever.. not much noise too, almost nothing VERY NICE!!

Keep it up!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:38:33 pm by JSK »
⨀ LEICA ⨀ PHASE 1 ⨀ HASSELBLAD ⨀ MAMIYA ⨀ NIKON ⨀ CANON ⨀ PROFOTO ⨀ BRONCOLOR ⨀ ARRI ⨀ BRIESE ⨀

tho_mas

doesn't work here (Mac).
Couldn't load 2 TIFs 16bit of a P45 in camera profile. Well, could load, but the resulting image didn't make sense.
Couldn't load 2 TIFs 16 bit of a P21+ in camera profile (...).
Couldn't load 2 TIFs 16bit of a P21+ in a matrix color space (...).
Could load 2 TIFs of a P21+ 8bit in a matrix colorspace.
Erased the application.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:43:49 pm by tho_mas »

hdrdarkroom

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:29:02 pm by hdrdarkroom »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de

Quote from: hdrdarkroom
Thank you for your instant feedback and suggestions!

HDR Darkroom 1.0 beta version has expired in September 25th. We will extend the date and put an updated version soon, please come back to download. Sorry for this inconvenience.

HDR Darkroom 1.1 beta version will be ready for download on October 1st. HDR Darkroom 1.1 version will provide new features like batch process etc. Also, HDR Darkroom 1.1 beta version fixed many bugs reported by users.
this is not fun guys. to give some beta for few days which crash on most machines, letting it expire after some hours so the ( few ) interested people cant work several days with it in case they´d like so. you seem to  try to get a very bad fame right before the launch of your sw or why you act that way? i personally have no interest to spend my time for companies who act so self- centered... sorry. and its the user to whom a firm as your has to say thank you in some way, if we spend our time in alpha testings, not the contrary.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:39:03 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

hdrdarkroom

Sorry, we never plan to provide a test version for only a few days. If you check our website, you will find that we put the test version one month ago, however, we just start to give a post here very recently. We have extended the expire date already. In addition, we plan to put an update version in October 1, which will give a a long time to try.

Thanks for the understanding.

For the crash problem, it is because the file loaded are very large. We have balanced the speed and the file size we can process max. If users really want to process very large file, we can do it at the cost of lowering down the speed a little bit.

Try the following link:

http://www.hdrdarkroom.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:26:45 pm by hdrdarkroom »

vgogolak

• http://

to be of interest you will need to accommodate quite large files -and tiff, 16 bit
that said, a quick try shows tone enhancement to be effective...
for 'create HDR' will it register two hand held shots? or does the registration need to be exact? Almost impossible for 60MP images
but then the SW likely cannot handle that size file.
But press on-this seems to be an area where existing solutions are unsatisfying.

Victor

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/

Tried it on OSX 10.5.8 with D3x files, didn't work at all...

- first attempt on hand held files showed poor alignement capability,
- second attempt on 2 tiffs converted for shadows/hilights from a singe .nef showed a totally messed up output...

More work to do I guess.

Cheers,
Bernard

erick.boileau

• http://

I'd like to test a  new version for MAC Snow Leopard too
Pages: [1]   Go Up