Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prints from epson 3800 coming from printer with black ink spatters  (Read 5119 times)

mcnally

• http://
prints from epson 3800 coming from printer with black ink spatters
« on: September 13, 2009, 03:03:06 pm »

I am printing using an epson 3800. I am printing from Photoshop CS4 and I am on a MAC G5 running MAC OSX10.5.8. I am printing on Epson Exbitition Fiber paper 8.5x11. The quality of the prints are great but unfortunately they are coming out of the printer with black ink spatters on the print especially on the right side where the spatters are spread. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Mary Pat McNally

Freezframe

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:39:30 pm »

Quote from: mcnally
I am printing using an epson 3800. I am printing from Photoshop CS4 and I am on a MAC G5 running MAC OSX10.5.8. I am printing on Epson Exbitition Fiber paper 8.5x11. The quality of the prints are great but unfortunately they are coming out of the printer with black ink spatters on the print especially on the right side where the spatters are spread. Any help would be appreciated.

Now Mary understand  I may have had a similar problem .. There may be a few possible reasons for this leech in ink! The black cartridge maybe bad or faulty or your cartridge magazine may be dirty...
I had a similar problem with a canon printer a year back .....It was releasing a green hue at far edge of my prints....Canon could tell me nothing ..I read forums started a few threads on my problem with no solutions....I was in a Computer store ,and mentioned my problem to a tech whom told me to remove all my cartridges then the magazine...Take the Magazine and soak it in one of 2 solutions...(Isopropyl alcohol or Menthol hydrate ) It work like a charm ...Problem vanished print went back to normal.....

Hope this helps !!!

Brady  

laughingbear

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:27 pm »

Quote from: mcnally

Hi Mary.

try setting the platten gap to WIDER, this could sort out your problem more than likely.

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:54:13 pm »

I had that problem last year with my 3800.  I emailed Epson tech support, and they suggested doing two or three cycles of head cleaning.  I thought that was B.S., but did it anyway so I could write back to them again, and was surprised to see that it worked!  Since then, I've had single-color ink spots in the print margins a couple of times, and a couple of cycles of head cleaning always fixes it.  (Note that the first time I did it, a single head cleaning did *not* fix it - it took a couple more head cleanings.)  Give it a try...

Lisa

[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis
Pages: [1]   Go Up