Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Pantone Huey monitor calibrator?  (Read 2301 times)

sperera

Anyone using Pantone Huey monitor calibrator?
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:18:58 am »

is anyone using and thus care to tel me what they think of the Pantone Huey calibrator???
Stephen Perera
www.ulookfierce.com

Desmond

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:01:41 am »

Huey is for person who want to view images in more or less "accurate" colour, but not for serious image editing work.
Spyder 3 Elite is the one I recommended. Spyder 3 pro use the same hardware, but the software is different. Lacking of the white point luminous control make it difficult to calibrate a screen good for proofing.
Regards,

Desmond

Arkady

• http://www.colorkeeper.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:46:58 pm »

I saw Huey has also versions these days.

I would stay with I1 Display or a Spyder. Though I did have experience with Huey lately, but I1 Display and Spyder are more popular devices thus your chances to find help official or non-official are much higher.

xilvar

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:40:13 pm »

I have both an i1 d2 and a colormunki. I think the colormunki actually makes better profiles on modern monitors. It is also easier to apply to monitors. However, if you want to use 3rd party profiling tools (coloreyes or whatever) the i1d2 works better.

That being said I tried coloreyes and got so angry at it I went back to using the colormunki with its default software.

xilvar
Pages: [1]   Go Up