Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergency Phase One battery question!  (Read 2316 times)

rastas

Emergency Phase One battery question!
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:58:51 pm »

Any of you ever experience this:

I shipped my Phase One P25 back along with batteries and charger from west coast to east coast a few days ago. The receiver on east coast just tried to use the back on his hassy V series, but is having issues: He can use it fine in tethered mode, but when he puts a battery in untethered, the battery icon on the back blinks. When he takes a picture, he gets an error message saying "battery level low: Capture cancelled" and no capture is saved.

He had two batteries charging for more than three hours. One battery on charger says 75%, the other says 100%, but he still gets this problem.

Could the batteries somehow have gotten depleted during shipment? (went air, sent in that pelican case....

Any insight appreciated.

Joe Behar

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 10:27:40 pm »

Quote from: rastas
Any of you ever experience this:

I shipped my Phase One P25 back along with batteries and charger from west coast to east coast a few days ago. The receiver on east coast just tried to use the back on his hassy V series, but is having issues: He can use it fine in tethered mode, but when he puts a battery in untethered, the battery icon on the back blinks. When he takes a picture, he gets an error message saying "battery level low: Capture cancelled" and no capture is saved.

He had two batteries charging for more than three hours. One battery on charger says 75%, the other says 100%, but he still gets this problem.

Could the batteries somehow have gotten depleted during shipment? (went air, sent in that pelican case....

Any insight appreciated.

Rastas,

Try the following...

With the back tethered, go into the main menu on the back and restore default settings (its in the "configuration" menu) after that try a fully charged battery again

rastas

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:34:24 pm »

I'[m going to have him try this. He told me he tried restoring default settings already, but that may have been with a battery in there and the icon blinking. On another note, he said the charger window is showing "a little icon (circle and a line) in the corner of each display". Is that normal? Can't quite remember.

I'm curious if you've encountered this problem before and if your fix... fixed it.

robert

Quote from: Joe Behar
Rastas,

Try the following...

With the back tethered, go into the main menu on the back and restore default settings (its in the "configuration" menu) after that try a fully charged battery again

Joe Behar

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:44:23 pm »

Quote from: rastas
I'[m going to have him try this. He told me he tried restoring default settings already, but that may have been with a battery in there and the icon blinking. On another note, he said the charger window is showing "a little icon (circle and a line) in the corner of each display". Is that normal? Can't quite remember.

I'm curious if you've encountered this problem before and if your fix... fixed it.

robert

Robert,

I don't have a charger handy, but if you have the charger with the LCD display then it will show a percentage charge. Sometimes the display has to be "reset" by unplugging the charger, removing the batteries from the contacts and then plugging back in and re-inserting the batteries for charge. I have seen a couple of chargers that had one side defective and would only charge a single battery at a time on the good side only, but that does not sound like your problem.

Restoring defaults is a quick fix try, but there's no guarantee with it.

rastas

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »

None of these options have worked....

photographist

• Dancing with Light Photography
Re: Emergency Phase One battery question!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 06:30:36 pm »

I know this is a late response, but I ran into the issue recently and so... well... just in case  :o

I'm using the P-25 (non +) on a Mamiya AFDII.  When I reset it then I removed all batteries and started up again, it worked fine.  As I trouble shot, it seems that at least in my case, a contributing item was the shutter latency.  I had it set for 'long' since I also use the back on a technical camera.  Once it was back to 'short' the back/body was stable.

Hope this helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up