Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica M9  (Read 7665 times)

Tklimek

Leica M9
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 12:32:08 am »

All....

Just this evening in Chicago I saw a television ad for Sak's Fifth Avenue or Chanel....can't really remember which....but I could SWEAR that they used an M9 in that clip!  Anyone else see this?  Not that it really matters....but oh well.  It was ABSOLUTELY a product placement shot I guess is my point.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: MarkDS
Michael, thanks very much for the first hands-on overview of this exciting camera. As usual - interesting and to the point.

At 18.2 MP, the resolution difference between this and say the 1DsMKiii is not large in terms of the print size one can make with a given PPI value. So the sensor resolution in respect of MPs should not be a determinative issue for some contemplating this camera. I think the main distinguishing features would be the use of CCD rather than CMOS, the sensor design itself and the absence of the AA filter, plus whatever else they've designed-in under the hood and we don't know about. In the final analysis it's the outcomes which matter most, so it would be MOST interesting to see, once you've had the opportunity - how the apparent sharpness and visual detail of the same scene emerges on a print shot with an M9 and one of the high-end DSLRs using the best lenses each has to offer. That to me would tell the story about relative quality.

As for the cost - sure - the body is competitive, but when you look down the price list for some of those best-in-the-world Leica lenses, the total package, as one would expect, "aint't cheap".

Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up