Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted Files  (Read 2048 times)

fotor

Deleted Files
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:41:44 pm »

I was deleting a photo and did not notice that my other photos were also chosen.  I have lost most of an entire wedding.  Yes, I dragged the photos out of the trash, so they are not lost, but I have spent two days processing each one.  Are these edits somewhere?  Thanks, Randy

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Deleted Files
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:30:21 pm »

I'm assuming they were deleted from within Lightroom and removed from the catalogue, yes?  How recent is your most recent catalogue backup?  Otherwise, you're pretty much SOL, I believe.  Don't know about Apple's Time Machine, or if that would be of use to you...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

fotor

Deleted Files
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:54:28 pm »

Quote from: wolfnowl
I'm assuming they were deleted from within Lightroom and removed from the catalogue, yes?  How recent is your most recent catalogue backup?  Otherwise, you're pretty much SOL, I believe.  Don't know about Apple's Time Machine, or if that would be of use to you...

Mike.

Thanks, no backup on these, and they were on an external drive, so I believe that time machine wouldn't help either.  Thanks for the suggestions, though.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Deleted Files
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:40:06 am »

Did you delete and then recover the xmp sidecars? If yes then all your changes should still be saved, but you lost the history and some other stuff that's in the catalogue but not the sidecars.

No catalogue and no sidecars is tough luck, and the only option is to restart editing.
pieter, aka pegelli

jsachs99

Deleted Files
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »

I suspect your edits are lost, unless some XMP remains. I learned by nasty experience to triple check what is selected before I delete images in Lightroom. I think the selections should be much more obvious.
Pages: [1]   Go Up