Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf custom gain adjuster issue  (Read 1643 times)

David WM

• http://
Leaf custom gain adjuster issue
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:47:16 am »

I was doing some interiors using a Schneider apo dig 24mm lens and a Leaf aptus 75s. I shoot white reference files for each time I change camera settings. For a few photos I shot to the CF card and then changed to shooting tethered to a Mac Book Pro.  My problem arrises when using Leaf custom gain adjuster to apply the white shading file which was photographed to the CF card and apply it to some of the photos which were shot tethered to the MBP.   Leaf custom gain adjuster will not process these files, and comes up with a warning  which states  " Use the same back for capturing the image and calibration files"  That is, it does not recognise the calibration file taken to the CF card as being from the same back taken while tethered to the MBP. Is there any way around this? I did not shoot a new calibration file for these photos as I made no changes to the camera settings, I had just started shooting tethered again after doing a few quick images straight to the cf card.

Thanks, David

pixjohn

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:55:25 am »

Are you using the stand alone Gain Adjuster or the Gain Adjuster in LC11?

Are the Leaf files shot to the CF card compressed mos files? I am not 100%, but I am not sure the gain adjuster can adjust compressed files?  Just an idea.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:55:57 am by pixjohn »

David WM

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:17 am »

Quote from: pixjohn
Are you using the stand alone Gain Adjuster or the Gain Adjuster in LC11?

Are the Leaf files shot to the CF card compressed mos files? I am not 100%, but I am not sure the gain adjuster can adjust compressed files?  Just an idea.

I am using the stand alone gain adjuster. I haven't found the gain adjuster in LC. I am using 11.2.4..should it be there?

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:34:07 am »

Quote from: David WM
I was doing some interiors using a Schneider apo dig 24mm lens and a Leaf aptus 75s. I shoot white reference files for each time I change camera settings. For a few photos I shot to the CF card and then changed to shooting tethered to a Mac Book Pro.  My problem arrises when using Leaf custom gain adjuster to apply the white shading file which was photographed to the CF card and apply it to some of the photos which were shot tethered to the MBP.   Leaf custom gain adjuster will not process these files, and comes up with a warning  which states  " Use the same back for capturing the image and calibration files"  That is, it does not recognise the calibration file taken to the CF card as being from the same back taken while tethered to the MBP. Is there any way around this? I did not shoot a new calibration file for these photos as I made no changes to the camera settings, I had just started shooting tethered again after doing a few quick images straight to the cf card.

Thanks, David

David I'd take all the files into 11.2.4 and use the calibration process in there, this way you'll be sure that the files open and that they are not corrupted or anything.

If this is urgent and you know what the aperture and shift were on those images, you can re-create the calibration files and run the process again.

LC has a good explanation for the process in its help menu - just hit Search and type "Lens" in the box.

Let me know how you get on

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

David WM

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 03:54:07 am »

Thanks Yair

Yes I have had a read of the manual and have run the built in gain adjuster. It works!  It came up with a warning saying that it thought this gain file was from a different device but allows you to proceed anyway.

Regards, David
Pages: [1]   Go Up