Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backpack rec needed  (Read 1318 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Backpack rec needed
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:52:08 pm »

There are so many gear bags out there, and no stores in this area have a remotely decent selection, so I am hoping for some advice from experienced users. I want a backpack to carry the following:

D700
10-20mm Sigma
24mm PC Nikkor
24-70mm f2.8ED Nikkor
60mm macro Nikkor
One more lens to be named later, maybe the Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8

Also, space for the usual assortment of filters, batteries, etc. Tripod straps would be a plus.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Jim2

• http://
Backpack rec needed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:38 pm »

do you need to carry a laptop? what about air travel / carry on requirements?

I have been rethinking my own set up about this and come to the conclusion of getting kata dr-467i. It has a tripod strap. Not sure if it'll fit all your lenses... but I think it can. And you will just have ONE piece of carry on (once staying in a hotel then you don't need to carry the laptop around) - one piece being the requirement in London Heathrow (see another thread about this!), the dimensions fit within the domestic carry on limit of the smaller aeroplanes.

My requirement is a good built in rain jacket for the bag because I often go hiking and get in the rain or snow.

I just need to go check it out at the shop and make sure my 1ds3 + 24-105 + another lens would fit in it.

The 70-200 might be a bit tight but I think it can fit in as well (in the top compartment where you can normally put other stuff like snacks / jacket)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:27:59 pm by Jim2 »

dseelig

Backpack rec needed
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:19:20 am »

Check out the thinktank line great backpacks I own two. thinktankphoto.com
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:03:16 pm by dseelig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up