Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya ZDb - anyone using????  (Read 2864 times)

rastas

Mamiya ZDb - anyone using????
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:37:13 am »

I don't get it. These backs are ridiculously cheap (comparitively) to other MFDBs, but I can't find any reviews from anyone on the internet. They shoot 1.2 frames per second, and have a sensor the size of a P45plus.

Anyone in the world using one of these??

michaelnotar

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:11 am »

Quote from: rastas
I don't get it. These backs are ridiculously cheap (comparitively) to other MFDBs, but I can't find any reviews from anyone on the internet. They shoot 1.2 frames per second, and have a sensor the size of a P45plus.

heard they were ok but nothing more. more like an SLR, but now they are of the same res. and software makes the back. its cheap for a reason. get another 22MP back like a phase one P25.

R_Medvid

• http://kadru.net
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:30:46 am »

I don't get it. These backs are ridiculously cheap ...

I cross-tested ZD and Phase One before buying. For the commercial work I do the noise of ZD was unacceptable.

Clearly PO was the right choise.

But if the requirements for your images are not very strong, it's ok.
Roman Medvid
Mamiya AFD / P40+
http://kadru.net

Voltman

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:56:30 am »

Quite popular in Japan.  Now that Phase One / Mamiya is releasing Mamiya badged P1 backs though I think they'll discontinue ZDb eventually. Note ZDb is 22mp and not the same sensor as a P45+.  

I have a friend who is quite satisfied with his ZDb but then again he (nor I) are professionals...

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:19:36 am »

Quote from: Voltman
Quite popular in Japan.  Now that Phase One / Mamiya is releasing Mamiya badged P1 backs though I think they'll discontinue ZDb eventually. Note ZDb is 22mp and not the same sensor as a P45+.  

I have a friend who is quite satisfied with his ZDb but then again he (nor I) are professionals...

It would be wise to verify if they have fixed this http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....mp;#entry169941

I do not know of that they have. It seems frankly that Mamiya rather stuck their head in sand on this, contrary to honest business. The ZDb is only updated buffer.

The Mamiya badged Phase One backs seem more adviseable... I think I read made by Phase One. Refurbished sensors in them by chance???? Bound to be more solid still I would assume. I am one of many who have sold their ZD, just do search here on LL.

Regards
Anders

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:30:09 pm »

I had the ZD camera for nearly 3 years & it served me well. The buffer rate was the same as the ZD back ( 11 shots) The new ZDb is 22 shots. Uses the Dalsa 22 mp sensor which likes light & works very well for studio use, I used mine more for landscape which worked very well. Then we got the 1DsMKIII & I could see very little difference plus the Canon has been brilliant so I sold my ZD camera. The concept was good just needs an update at a very good price. If you see a ZDb back used for 2500-3000 range it could be worth it if have AFD glass sitting around. MEF files can be processed in PO, LR. RD, Bibble.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [
Pages: [1]   Go Up