Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone actually used the z3100 starwheel shims?  (Read 1061 times)

dkressler

anyone actually used the z3100 starwheel shims?
« on: September 07, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »

i have read that some people were supplied with shims to further raise the replacement starwheel assembly.  i had my starwheel assembly replaced but didn't get any shims with it.  problem is that even in the raised position i am getting faint starwheel marks on hahnemuhle baryta papers.  i'm wondering if anyone has seen or used the mysterious shims and could advise me their thickness and where they are inserted. unfortunately i let my extended warranty lapse this summer.

david

Ernst Dinkla

anyone actually used the z3100 starwheel shims?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:12:03 pm »

Quote from: dkressler
i have read that some people were supplied with shims to further raise the replacement starwheel assembly.  i had my starwheel assembly replaced but didn't get any shims with it.  problem is that even in the raised position i am getting faint starwheel marks on hahnemuhle baryta papers.  i'm wondering if anyone has seen or used the mysterious shims and could advise me their thickness and where they are inserted. unfortunately i let my extended warranty lapse this summer.

david

Yes I use them on the Z3100 if I want the least pressure possible but on the Z3200 they are absent so someone may tell me what makes the difference. Black plastic wedges at the ends of the alu profile. Either the auto lifting on the Z3100 is limited compared to the Z3200 or the Z3100 fix wasn't making a difference. I have to say that I trimmed that replacement starwheel bar a bit with an extra shim underneath it at the screws, it wiggled back and forth too much to my taste.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
Pages: [1]   Go Up