Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographer's Health and Safety policy  (Read 2165 times)

gaholba

• http://www.gregholba.com
Photographer's Health and Safety policy
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:15:28 am »

Hi

I've recently started a photography business and am looking to put together a better Health and Safety policy for Landscape and Portrait work (public and clients' places). I also need this for submission as part of an application for BIPP Licentiateship. No studio work is involved, all work is digital and work is conducted at public places and client property (mostly domestic homes). Can anyone help?

Thanks
Greg

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:19:30 pm »

Well, you give no indication of where in the world you live, but as a baseline you should check for legal statutes with the Ministry of Labour or somesuch...  

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

gaholba

• http://www.gregholba.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:29:36 pm »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Well, you give no indication of where in the world you live, but as a baseline you should check for legal statutes with the Ministry of Labour or somesuch...  

Mike.

--------------------------------

Sorry. I should have mentioned that I'm based in the UK & BIPP stands for the British Institute of Professional Photographers.

Mike - Thanks for your thoughts on legal status

aussiejim

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:47 pm »

[quote name='gaholba' date='Sep 8 2009, 12:29 AM' post='308846']
--------------------------------

Do a Google search on HSE Policy + photography and that will bring up some examples to consider. Something to consider as a policy is part of 3 items dealing with HSE. The Policy states what you will do. Objectives are outcomes from implementing the policy. HSE Procedures detail how you will implement the policy and meet the objectives.

Safety should address keeping your staff and subjects safe. Environment deals with leaving no imprint when you are out shooting or reducing your footprint for your business (recycling, reducing emmisions etc).

Health is longer term issues, exposure to chemicals, protection from the sun (a major issue here in Aus), lugging equipment in an ergonomic way etc.

Hope this helps.  Aussiejim  [/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up