Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera To Print Tutorial - Additional Materials  (Read 6069 times)

Stecyk

Camera To Print Tutorial - Additional Materials
« on: September 05, 2009, 04:56:16 pm »

I just finished watching the From Camera To Print - Fine Art Printing Tutorial video.  Occasionally on video, there were comments to additional materials available on this website.  A good example, there is supposed to be a list of equipment, manufacturers and retailers for the equipment used in video 23 Matting and Framing.  Perhaps that information is covered on this following tutorial:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/matting.shtml

I didn't pay close enough attention to the names mentioned in the video to know if they match those in the tutorial.  However, some items listed in this 2002 tutorial are different from that in the 2007 video.

Is there a consolidated location for additional materials that accompany From Camera To Print - Fine Art Printing Tutorial video?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:50:22 am »

The only additional materials are the Speed-Mat spreadsheet template and Jeff's PS Mid-Tone Actions which are contained in the second last file downloaded: "CameraToPrint_Extras_1".

Details on the mat-cutting machine can be found at Speed Mat.

A more detailed matte cutting demonstration video can be found in the L-L Video Journal 15 in which Bill Atkinson demonstrates the Speed Mat and his print mounting techniques.

Stecyk

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:25:46 pm »

Thank you for your reply.

I was under the impression that more specifics about the various products would be provided. For example, the "anti-rolling" device, what it is called and where it can be purchased etc. I didn't take detailed notes during the video because I thought this information would be provided separately.  I will replay the video where I have specific questions or concerns.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »

The De-roller is called the D-Roller!

Details can be found at InkJetArt

Stecyk

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 12:39:56 pm »

Thank you for your reply.  Can I impose upon you to provide the where the clear "plastic" cover was purchased from?  I recall Jeff saying that you don't want to purchase too much in advance because the longer it is stored, the more difficult it is to separate the protective paper from plastic cover.

These questions complete the missing product information.

Because I wanted to learn how to soft proof my photos, I found the videos helpful.  The one additional piece of information that I would have benefitted from is knowing how to prepare my files for an off-site printer.   That is, if I want to send my file to ABC Printing  Co, and I have their icc files for their printers and papers, how do I send my files to them.  I learned that the soft proofing process as described in the videos is applicable.  Once the soft proof has been generated, then I need to do the following:

- Once satisfied with the soft proof, I need to convert my "print" image into the .icc colorspace for the off-site printer. So that's Edit | Convert to Profile, and I should use the same rendering intent as I did in creating the soft proof.

- Save file and send to printer.

I mention this information in case others were curious how to send their files to an off site printer.

Tklimek

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »

I believe you are referring to the OP-3 and if I'm not mistaken Michael got his supplies from:

www.americanframe.com

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: Stecyk
Thank you for your reply.  Can I impose upon you to provide the where the clear "plastic" cover was purchased from?  I recall Jeff saying that you don't want to purchase too much in advance because the longer it is stored, the more difficult it is to separate the protective paper from plastic cover.

These questions complete the missing product information.

Because I wanted to learn how to soft proof my photos, I found the videos helpful.  The one additional piece of information that I would have benefitted from is knowing how to prepare my files for an off-site printer.   That is, if I want to send my file to ABC Printing  Co, and I have their icc files for their printers and papers, how do I send my files to them.  I learned that the soft proofing process as described in the videos is applicable.  Once the soft proof has been generated, then I need to do the following:

- Once satisfied with the soft proof, I need to convert my "print" image into the .icc colorspace for the off-site printer. So that's Edit | Convert to Profile, and I should use the same rendering intent as I did in creating the soft proof.

- Save file and send to printer.

I mention this information in case others were curious how to send their files to an off site printer.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:00:16 pm by Tklimek »

Stecyk

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:46:42 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
I believe you are referring to the OP-3 and if I'm not mistaken Michael got his supplies from:

www.americanframe.com

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Thank you!  

Tklimek

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:00 am »

Actually if you don't have the LLVJ #15 (I think it's 15) with Bill Atkinson showing how to use the speedmat and his matting philosophy, you may want to splurge for that.  That segment alone makes #15 worthwhile.  Not to mention there is some other cool stuff on there.  Bill indicates the materials that he is using and they display the places to get those right on the screen at the bottom border.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: Stecyk
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up