Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dust under the IR filter of a Leaf back  (Read 1591 times)

BrianWoolf

Dust under the IR filter of a Leaf back
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:34:29 am »

Hi,
About 18 months ago a piece of something found its way under the IR filter of my Leaf 17wi. This past january 09, the back was serviced and the dust under the filter removed. Now, 8 months later a new piece is back under the filter. I can't help but believe that this piece of dust must have been on the edge of the sensor when the ir filter was cleaned and put back on. Since then it has worked its way in.

Can I unscrew the filter and remove the dust and then put the filter back on - safely. I understand that I would be endangering the sensor and I could actually get more dust on it. I am concerned that there might be something important that I do not know that might adversely affect the back.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Brian

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:00:39 am »

Quote from: BrianWoolf
Hi,
About 18 months ago a piece of something found its way under the IR filter of my Leaf 17wi. This past january 09, the back was serviced and the dust under the filter removed. Now, 8 months later a new piece is back under the filter. I can't help but believe that this piece of dust must have been on the edge of the sensor when the ir filter was cleaned and put back on. Since then it has worked its way in.

Can I unscrew the filter and remove the dust and then put the filter back on - safely. I understand that I would be endangering the sensor and I could actually get more dust on it. I am concerned that there might be something important that I do not know that might adversely affect the back.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Brian

Brian:

I would not do this and really there is no reason to. You can send your Leaf Valeo 17 into Mac Group and they will clean it and generally turn it around the day they receive it. Contact me if you like and I will give you details and contact procedures, etc. Hopefully you're in the USA?

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

BrianWoolf

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:58:05 pm »

Steve,
Thanks for the reply, I have emailed you
Brian Woolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up