Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf AFI 7 upgrade offer with Phase One status  (Read 9129 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Leaf AFI 7 upgrade offer with Phase One status
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »

Quote from: KAHA
Hi Steve,

What's the price for a Leaf Aptus-II 7 and Aptus-II 10 in Mamiya & Hasselblad mounts?

I saw this at B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6119...al_SLR_Kit.html is this indicative of the current retail for the DL33?  

and does phase one include support, replacement, warranty similar to the B&H spec..........    

* 2-Year Camera Body Warranty

* 1-Year Lens Warranty

* 1-Year Digital Back Warranty for the DL33, Aptus-II 7, Aptus-II 10 and can you buy and how much for the extended phase one 2 & 3 year warranty for these products?

Thanks for your help, is appreciated  

David:

We have received pricing from Phase One while pricing from Mac Group will likely not be finalized until sometime next week. We can order from either. I do not expect the DL-33 pricing to continue, but I do not know how it will be adjusted. Current list pricing on Aptus II 10 and Aptus II 7 is $32,494 and $22,094, respectively. I do have access to refurbished 33MP Leaf Aptus 75 units that I can combine with Mamiya/Phase One AFD kits for a price below the B&H current DL-33 pricing.

I would say that Phase One provides similar warranty, but superior replacement and support (as do we, obviously) to the B&H spec. You can purchase additional years of warranty, although I do not yet have pricing on the extended warranty. However, you can choose to add additional years of warranty coverage after your purchase as long as the existing warranty has not yet expired.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 05:17:43 pm »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix
David:

We have received pricing from Phase One while pricing from Mac Group will likely not be finalized until sometime next week. We can order from either. I do not expect the DL-33 pricing to continue, but I do not know how it will be adjusted. Current list pricing on Aptus II 10 and Aptus II 7 is $32,494 and $22,094, respectively. I do have access to refurbished 33MP Leaf Aptus 75 units that I can combine with Mamiya/Phase One AFD kits for a price below the B&H current DL-33 pricing.

I would say that Phase One provides similar warranty, but superior replacement and support (as do we, obviously) to the B&H spec. You can purchase additional years of warranty, although I do not yet have pricing on the extended warranty. However, you can choose to add additional years of warranty coverage after your purchase as long as the existing warranty has not yet expired.

Steve Hendrix

Thank you very much for your time and reply, I appreciate it.

One last question, does the remote iphone application still work 100% tethered to the Aptus? will this feature continue? be supported?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 05:29:42 pm »

Quote from: KAHA
Thank you very much for your time and reply, I appreciate it.

One last question, does the remote iphone application still work 100% tethered to the Aptus? will this feature continue? be supported?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

Dave

I don't know the future of that app. I do know there are ways to control the application via a number of iPhone apps.

Also, we are currently testing a 7 inch monitor that attaches to the computer workstation via USB and will act as a 2nd monitor. We have successfully utilized it at 15' and are now testing at 30'. While this solution is a "tethered" solution, it would allow either a photographer to view on a larger screen either attached to a camera or nearby tripod or would allow a client to have some privacy in the corner away from the crowd at the workstation and still check the action while making calls, etc.

Although this is a tethered solution, it would provide a larger viewing screen than an iPhone and also allow someone to make calls while still viewing the action, all at a distance...and it would work with any tethered camera.

I'll let you know more after we finish testing.

Steve Hendrix
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:30:13 pm by Steve Hendrix »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 04:03:23 am »

Just jumping in here for a second,

Together with Phase One, the new Leaf Imaging company was formed in June 2009 and its objective is to continue to develop, market, sell and service digital camera equipment under the “Leaf” brand.

Leaf Imaging Ltd is not just a "legal entity"...it is a full-on company with premises, equipment and most important - highly skilled personnel.

In the next months Leaf will be expanding the range of options for Leaf shooters with support for Leaf digital backs in Phase One’s Capture One software. Future versions of Capture One will provide a synergy of the best features from both Capture One and Leaf Capture. Leaf Capture will continue to co-exist with C1 for as long as required.

Leaf's product portfolio will continue to expand, following a clear roadmap. The engineers are currently working on several product developments, including two new members to the Aptus-II family, to be launched soon.

The Leaf Aptus-II product line will continue to be supported by Leaf Capture 11 software versions as well as Capture One. The new Leaf Remote app for the iPhone/ iPod Touch will also be released soon.

Leaf and Phase One will continue to market products under their respective brands, offering separate and distinctive high quality products to suit various professional photographers' needs.
Tight R&D co-operation means that the development of internal components will be faster . This means that you can look forward to seeing new product innovations in the market sooner than before. Phase One and Leaf customers can expect new tools, functionality and a higher image quality not available previously.

Shipments of new backs are re-commencing these days and Leaf dealers world wide are already taking and sending orders.

If you have any product or company specific questions, please send an email to . You can also sign up for the Newsletter and follow the news on Twitter

Yair
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:47:18 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

hubell

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:39 pm »

Quote from: yaya
Just jumping in here for a second,

Together with Phase One, the new Leaf Imaging company was formed in June 2009 and its objective is to continue to develop, market, sell and service digital camera equipment under the “Leaf” brand.

Leaf Imaging Ltd is not a "legal entity"...it is a full-on company with premises, equipment and most important - highly skilled personnel.

Yair

So, who provides the warranty on new Leaf products? Leaf Imaging Ltd. or Phase One? It's a fair question because the Leaf products will now be sold with the veneer that Phase One is standing behind them, but in terms of legal responsibility that may be a fallacy.

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 02:28:45 pm »

@xin,
I THINK that there will be not much problems for connecting the AptusII to the AFi.
But I don't know for sure.

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 04:25:14 pm »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof
@xin,
I THINK that there will be not much problems for connecting the AptusII to the AFi.
But I don't know for sure.

Aptus II backs for AFi were dedicated mount to AFi. There was not an AFI mount that could be added to an Aptus II with pre-existing camera mount. Best bet for anyone looking for a Leaf digital back to go on a Leaf AFi camera is to find a Leaf AFi demo or used digital back. I believe we have a few available.

Steve Hendrix

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 02:05:55 am »

Quote from: xinchenc
How about addingg a Phase One P65+ to a AFi camera?

Phase 1 provides P65+ for Contax 645, even for H1/H2, but does not do it for AFi.

Xin

There's an idea!  And let's not forget the 6008 AF bodies as well.  Yeah I know you can get the p65+ put onto the Rollei but why the extra $3k for just that camera make when as was pointed out H1/2 and contax mounts are standard?   I have always assumed there was some bad blood (or strange licensing fee's) somewhere between Phase and Rollei because that combo would have been the match made in heaven (even the older 6000 series cameras are way more advanced than the newest phamiya and have better glass IMHO).
Rolleiflex USA

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 02:06:07 am »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:32:27 am by Frank Doorhof »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up