Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony R1 - never used!  (Read 899 times)

andyptak

Sony R1 - never used!
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:58:33 pm »

I carry an R1 as a "walk around" and love it so much I bought a spare when Sony announced they were discontinuing it in favour of the Alpha line. Well. I've still got it - never, ever used - and my original R1 is till clicking away. We're preparing for a move from Toronto to BC and I'm trimming my excess rather than moving everything.

It has a brilliant Zeiss Vario-Sonnar zoom that by itself was well worth the $1200 I paid for the camera. Michael Reichman gave the R1 a good review and he still has his. (Sorry, Michael, using you as a schill and all). First $500 takes it. Thanks.

On a seperate note - not photography related. I"m also selling a PC based Home Theatre/Entertainment system. It was a rather decadent set up that I had at the cottage before we sold it. All of the components are good and valuable by themselves, but I'd rather sell it as a package. It's not only easier that way, but they really did make for a good set up together. The PC is an Asus Espresso, which is a P4 set up running Windows XP, in a small and quiet case, especially made for media and playback - although it's just a regular PC too. Has 2X500 gig drives. The monitor, combined TV, has two tuners for "picture in picture" viewing, if desired and is a 32" LCD Viewsonic. The speakers are 5.1 surround sound with wireless speakers at the rear. They're Logitech THX with lovely sound and enough oomph to annoy all of your neighbours. I aso used to use this set-up for Lightroom editing on weekends and the whole thing is very versatile. It's a great deal for someone at $750 firm.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:27:03 pm by andyptak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up