Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New HP expected soon  (Read 3764 times)

RichFisher

New HP expected soon
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:38:38 am »

I am close to purchasing an HP Z3200.  However I would like to check to see if a newer model might be offered soon.  I realized that they who truly know can not speak, however if there are rumors or good web site which follow HP printers I would appreciate any information I could get.

Thanks

Rich
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 02:20:25 am by RichFisher »

Ernst Dinkla

New HP expected soon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:21:32 am »

Quote from: RichFisher
I am close to purchasing an HP Z3200.  However I would like to check to see if a newer model might be offered soon.  I realized that they who truly know can not speak, however if there are rumors or good web site which follow HP printers I would appreciate any information I could get.

Thanks

Rich

Speculation mode ....

There's a big gap in HP's range at the spot where a 17" Vivera pigment sheet printer should be. If something new enters the arena it should be a model like that. I expect the Z3200 to continue to at least next year's Photokina, another year but in my opinion the Z3200 can still keep its place after that. If faster 12 ink models appear it is more likely in the Z6100 class. I think any news on the last should be available at the 2010 Drupa in May. Not everyone needs that speed and cart size though.

There are no rumors other than the 3 year old one on the 17" void :-)

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

peninsula

New HP expected soon
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:47:48 am »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
Speculation mode ....

There's a big gap in HP's range at the spot where a 17" Vivera pigment sheet printer should be. If something new enters the arena it should be a model like that. I expect the Z3200 to continue to at least next year's Photokina, another year but in my opinion the Z3200 can still keep its place after that. If faster 12 ink models appear it is more likely in the Z6100 class. I think any news on the last should be available at the 2010 Drupa in May. Not everyone needs that speed and cart size though.

There are no rumors other than the 3 year old one on the 17" void :-)

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Along the lines of speculation, anyone hear of Canon coming up with an upgrade to the iPF6100 (not counting the 6200, which is not really an upgrade in the true sense)? Seems of the 24" printers, the 6100 is the oldest and given this printer can be had for under $1850.00, it makes me wonder if they are trying to unload the current model to make room for a new version.

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
New HP expected soon
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:12:42 pm »

I haven't heard any rumors from either the HP or Canon camp. These current printers are pretty darned nice, and some of the pricing on the Canons is quite good. I would go ahead and pull the trigger on the Z3200. A great printer.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
New HP expected soon
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:39:01 pm »

I was hoping HP would have came out with an 18" desktop model. They didn't. The Epson 3800 was already an excellent value. They just upped it to 3880 with a new print motor and head, Vivid Magenta. To beat them on that one will take a miracle.

I don't have the 9180 any longer as the gloss diff was too much for printing portfolio prints.
I do have a 3200 which is a great printer, really good B&W on any surface. I have no idea, but they have no reason to update the 3200. At the school I teach they bought a 9900 too, so I can use that for prints that need the extra dark gamut available with Epson.

So if anyone does update it may be Canon as Epson is solid with the 7880, 7900, and HP really fine tuned the Z3200 to do well on it's majority of paper types and thickness.

RichFisher

New HP expected soon
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 12:36:30 am »

Thanks.  I meant to put a question mark after the title.  I could not figure out how do that.

Sorry if it appeared that I was speculating.  I was meant to ask if any one  had heard any rumors.

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
New HP expected soon
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 03:59:30 am »

Quote from: neil snape
I was hoping HP would have came out with an 18" desktop model. They didn't. The Epson 3800 was already an excellent value. They just upped it to 3880 with a new print motor and head, Vivid Magenta. To beat them on that one will take a miracle.

I don't have the 9180 any longer as the gloss diff was too much for printing portfolio prints.
I do have a 3200 which is a great printer, really good B&W on any surface. I have no idea, but they have no reason to update the 3200. At the school I teach they bought a 9900 too, so I can use that for prints that need the extra dark gamut available with Epson.

So if anyone does update it may be Canon as Epson is solid with the 7880, 7900, and HP really fine tuned the Z3200 to do well on it's majority of paper types and thickness.

Your right the epson 3800 get very good reviews and the 3880 is going to be very successful I think and well worth considering
3880 details with uk pricing and new inks
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

Dan Wells

New HP expected soon
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:04:22 pm »

The Canons have been priced notably low for quite a while, especially in comparison to other printers of similar width. As far as I can tell, it's just building market share... I'd put the iPF6100 (which I own) up against anything on the market in the 24-inch class. Every printer has its own gamut strengths and weaknesses now - none is better across the board than the others. The overall gamut size may go, by a tiny amount, to the newest Epsons, but not even a 7900 will catch an iPF on blues (the dedicated blue ink makes a big difference). Canon could easily charge $3000 for the iPF6100 if they had Epson's dominant market position, or even $2500-$2700 if they were in HP's position (very well known in graphic arts, but not in photography). They're trying to get photographers to take a risk with their attractive pricing (plus the iPF is not quite as feature-laden as the $4000 Epson (huge cartridges, paper feed) or the $3300 HP (spectrophotometer, hard disk). If anything, HP and Epson need to release printers that are more price-competitive with Canon for individual photographers and smaller studios...
Pages: [1]   Go Up