Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson service  (Read 1713 times)

framah

Epson service
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:50:03 am »

I just finished reading Geoff's writings about his 9900.

I had a similar episode when I tried to replace a cartridge in my 9900. It kept saying to replace the cartridge even tho I already had. I removed and reinserted it 3 times and on the 3rd try, i shook it more vigorously than I usually do before inserting  and that seemed to work as it then accepted the cartridge.

Maybe that was equivalent of "burping" the cartridge.  Not sure I want to perform CPR on a cartridge!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

jdemott

Epson service
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:48:04 pm »

My experiences with Epson's service have been at least as exemplary as Geoff describes.  They really go the extra mile to be sure you are taken care of.  About a year ago, I had a problem with the paper feeding on my 3800.  My phone call was answered promptly by a knowledgeable and helpful technician--no need to explain the problem to several lower level support people before being "escalated" to someone who could deal with the problem.  After ten minutes or so of telephone troubleshooting, he concluded the problem couldn't be dealt with over the phone and offered two choices: (1) exchange the printer for a refurbished unit to be shipped FedEx to my home, or (2) Epson would pay all repair costs at an authorized repair shop a few miles from my home.  A few years before that, I had a problem with an earlier Epson printer and the service was just as good--they offered to ship a replacement printer and sent me several boxes of paper to compensate for some spoiled prints.  It would be nice if equipment never broke, but when it does, it is nice to deal with folks who seem to genuinely want to make it right as quickly as possible.
John DeMott

vandevanterSH

Epson service
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 02:14:24 pm »

So is the bottom line that all of the angst and part swaps were not necessary and the only problem was "burping" the ink cartridge?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up