Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 65mm. lens on 48x36 P25 sensor  (Read 3263 times)

sestese

• http://
65mm. lens on 48x36 P25 sensor
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:37:39 pm »

Hi all, I'm in the process  to  buy an used Phase One P25 for my small view camera with Hassy adapter.
I have a 90mm f8 Rodenstock (for 4x5 film) and looks like has an angle like 75mm on a 35mm camera.
I need to get a wide angle and thought to get a 65mm f8 Super Angulon (for 4x5).
What will be the 65mm lens angle on the P25 (36x48) sensor size?  
Is there a angle difference between a 65mm dedicate for a 4x5 view camera compare to a 65mm dedicate for a 6x7-6x9 medium format?
Also, few months ago I posted a topic regarding a Leaf C-Most DB for Hassy V and I could not figure out how to make it work with software 8.2.
after wasting my time i decided to sell it, if someone is interested to buy ("as is") to  try to make it work or for replacement parts, just send me a PM.
Thanks in advice for you help!, Sal

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:18:53 pm »

I have used an older  film 65 mm Rodenstock lens with a P 25 and P 45 on a Sinar and it worked well. It is only slightly wide angle but the movements allow you to create more of a wide angle look then it really is. It also has a surprisingly low amount of color cast. This can be corrected in Capture one anyway, but it is not too bad anyway. The wider lenses are harder to work with as far as viewing and color cast correction. It barely covered 4x5 flim so it has plenty of movement on the db.

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:33:36 pm »

Quote from: sestese
Hi all, I'm in the process  to  buy an used Phase One P25 for my small view camera with Hassy adapter.
I have a 90mm f8 Rodenstock (for 4x5 film) and looks like has an angle like 75mm on a 35mm camera.
I need to get a wide angle and thought to get a 65mm f8 Super Angulon (for 4x5).
What will be the 65mm lens angle on the P25 (36x48) sensor size?  
Is there a angle difference between a 65mm dedicate for a 4x5 view camera compare to a 65mm dedicate for a 6x7-6x9 medium format?
Also, few months ago I posted a topic regarding a Leaf C-Most DB for Hassy V and I could not figure out how to make it work with software 8.2.
after wasting my time i decided to sell it, if someone is interested to buy ("as is") to  try to make it work or for replacement parts, just send me a PM.
Thanks in advice for you help!, Sal

The 65mm lens for 4x5 will cover a much larger area than a new digital style lens designed for smaller view cameras. If you take and research the lens specs it will state the coverage in mm so you can then see if it will cause any loss of coverage for the P25. If you already own this lens,give it a try. My experience has been pretty good on those sensors with with spot size. Get a P45 or P65, the pixels size is smaller and can out resolve the older style lenses. The multi coating on new designed digital lenses will have more contrast and produce sharper results on view cameras of any size.

I would look at the Rodenstock 55mm Digital lenses in that size. It is a great lens for the P25 and gives a wider angle that is great for furniture and products. If you need much wider for Arch work then you really need to look at the more streamlined cameras designed for wide angle like the Cambo Wide and Alpa systems. The 24 mm, 35 mm and 47 mm lens.

Here is the link to the Rodenstock Technical information http://www.linos.com Find your lens and then you can see the coverage. if you are looking for a 65mm I do have one that is in mint condition. It was used on film but I have seen people get great results with it on that chip on a smaller Linholf camera with a P25.

Chris Snipes
President
Image Production, Inc
www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

sestese

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

Quote from: digitalcameraman
The 65mm lens for 4x5 will cover a much larger area than a new digital style lens designed for smaller view cameras. If you take and research the lens specs it will state the coverage in mm so you can then see if it will cause any loss of coverage for the P25. If you already own this lens,give it a try. My experience has been pretty good on those sensors with with spot size. Get a P45 or P65, the pixels size is smaller and can out resolve the older style lenses. The multi coating on new designed digital lenses will have more contrast and produce sharper results on view cameras of any size.

I would look at the Rodenstock 55mm Digital lenses in that size. It is a great lens for the P25 and gives a wider angle that is great for furniture and products. If you need much wider for Arch work then you really need to look at the more streamlined cameras designed for wide angle like the Cambo Wide and Alpa systems. The 24 mm, 35 mm and 47 mm lens.

Here is the link to the Rodenstock Technical information http://www.linos.com Find your lens and then you can see the coverage. if you are looking for a 65mm I do have one that is in mint condition. It was used on film but I have seen people get great results with it on that chip on a smaller Linholf camera with a P25.

Ok cool!, Thank you both.

Chris Snipes
President
Image Production, Inc
www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:09:06 pm »

Quote from: digitalcameraman
I would look at the Rodenstock 55mm Digital lenses in that size.

I bought one of the film versions of the Rodenstock 55mm and its very sharp. I happily use it with the Aptus 75. It has excellent coverage allowing a good range of movements as well.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up