Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Hasselblad repairs must be the richest repair shop in the world!"  (Read 19867 times)

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
"Hasselblad repairs must be the richest repair shop in the world!"
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:21 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Also the RZ.

no, the rz only gets to 400th.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

jameshickey

• http://jameshickeystudio.com
Re: "Hasselblad repairs must be the richest repair shop in the world!"
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 09:36:10 am »

current update on by experience with hasselblad:

I am still running a H3D-II 31 and it has been fantastic.  The phocus software is simple and stable.  It runs on my iMac 3.4 Ghz i7 or my macbook pro 2.4 GHz i7.  I these are the best tools I have bought for my hasselblad.  Now I can shoot tethered and have the files render on the screen faster in about 2 seconds.  I assume having the proper Mac was the major problem the whole time. 

Somehow the canon tethered shooting is slowing down or I just forgot how slow things were in the past.  For most of my jobs workflow is even more important that the difference in quality of the two files.  At the moment hasselblad has canon on both accounts.  Sure, I'll give the 1Dx a chance.  It might work well with the Ethernet connection and it will certainly give me new approaches to my gigs with it's ISO performance.  Of course, we hoped the new canon would do it all...not this year. 

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »

Apart from making me drool over his travel kit (2xH2, P65+, P25+, Hasselblad 500cm with P45) he says: "My H1s and H2s go wrong constantly. I can get through as many as three on a tough, week-long shoot. Hasselblad repairs must be the richest repair shop in the world!".

He also says he gave Jamie "his first Hasselblad a few years ago, but his patience with the problems associated with owning one has long worn thin!". (He's currently "loving the Canon EOS 5D" according to David.)

My H1/H2 need service every 30K-40K shutter count. Very expensive reparing service. No idea about H3. Use to ask about H4X shutter life. No reply.
Hasselblad don't service FujiGX645. Checking Hasselblad rep to trade GX645 for H4X. Reply is No.

design_freak

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 07:36:49 am »

Unfortunately, this brand now experiencing an identity crisis. We will still have to wait for improvement. I keep my fingers crossed  ;)
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »

Unfortunately, Mr Freak is now experiencing an identity crisis. We will have to wait for improvement. We all keep our fingers crossed.

You understand me wrong, it's not about me. Only a brand that cuts itself off from its roots  ;D
Best regards,
DF

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

With the earlier H models, I had heard about a few reliability issues from assistants. But I've put about 10,000 captures on my H3DII-39 in the last four months (bought it with 4,000 captures on it) and haven't had a single problem (except for a faulty lens connection twice, solved by re-attaching the lens). It's my go-to workhorse; I barely touch my 5D Mk2. The focus is dead accurate. The files are gorgeously rich and detailed. The lenses are extremely sharp, even the 50mm MkI, which some have complained about. Ergonomics and handholding are very natural, even in portrait orientation. Love the 1/800 flash sync. Love the big viewfinder. Love that it will go as wide as 28mm.

If you have doubts about the richness and detail of the files or MFDB in general, see the attached. This is my makeup artist, standing in for an actor I was about to shoot. Shot with the 50-110mm.

ethan pines

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 07:22:20 pm »

That's a 100-percent crop, by the way. Forgot to mention.

ethan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up