Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??  (Read 15103 times)

Snook

OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 03:11:02 pm »

Has anybody had success with C-1 on Snow yet.. I never even install 4.8.2 on any machine as did not find it necesary.
I did have the problem with C-1 being really slow on the laptop with and LCD TV monitor connecting but I think that was because I have a 256mb video card so it takes to long to load to the LCD screen, plus I am finding shooting UN tethered better these days as tethered just slows everything down and people seem to comment too much when shooting tethered which alos slows things down.
I tried to shoot a couple tethered show them the lighting then un plug and fire away. much fast and with my RZ in studio I can just fire away with out really reaching a buffer like when tethered..

So I guess the bottom line is does C-1 work with snow with out any funky corruptions like with 4.5 which completely corrupted images even after you shot them...

Also on a side note does any body know If I could install snow to my SSD PCI slot Card and boot from it.. I always like experimenting with new stuff..:+]

Snook

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 12:41:13 am »

Anyone tried Canon Image Utility yet? I don't want to update the laptop until I know I can still tether OK.

(Not really the correct forum I know, but this is where most of the questions seem to be happening). :-)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:44:40 am by phila »

Ed Taylor

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 11:16:45 am »

Quote from: Snook
Has anybody had success with C-1 on Snow yet.. I never even install 4.8.2 on any machine as did not find it necesary.
I did have the problem with C-1 being really slow on the laptop with and LCD TV monitor connecting but I think that was because I have a 256mb video card so it takes to long to load to the LCD screen, plus I am finding shooting UN tethered better these days as tethered just slows everything down and people seem to comment too much when shooting tethered which alos slows things down.
I tried to shoot a couple tethered show them the lighting then un plug and fire away. much fast and with my RZ in studio I can just fire away with out really reaching a buffer like when tethered..

So I guess the bottom line is does C-1 work with snow with out any funky corruptions like with 4.5 which completely corrupted images even after you shot them...

Also on a side note does any body know If I could install snow to my SSD PCI slot Card and boot from it.. I always like experimenting with new stuff..:+]

Snook

C1 4.8.2 seems to be running fine on both my Mac Pro and MBP with SL. Tethering works fine as well. FTR, I have not done an exhaustive test by any means, so take this with a grain of salt as YMMV did look at the workaround explained on the C1 site, But didn't seem to need it for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:17:38 am by Ed Taylor »
Best Regards,

Ed Taylor
www.edtaylorphoto.com

Snook

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:08 am »

Quote from: Ed Taylor
C1 4.8.2 seems to be running fine on both my Mac Pro and MBP with SL. Tethering works fine as well. FTR, I have not done an exhaustive test by any means, so take this with a grain of salt as YMMV did look at the workaround explained on the C1 site, But didn't seem to need it for whatever reason.
Did you do an upgrade to snow or fresh install?

Thanks for more information
Snook

Ed Taylor

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 12:11:56 pm »

Did you do an upgrade to snow or fresh install?

Thanks for more information
Snook

Upgrade. Stripped out X11 and additional languages, included Rosetta, (for Quiken/Quickbooks).
Best Regards,

Ed Taylor
www.edtaylorphoto.com

Voltman

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 04:45:27 pm »

Are you referring to an ExpressCard slot on a MacBook Pro or a PCI slot on a Mac Pro ??

Snook

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:44 pm »

Quote from: Voltman
Are you referring to an ExpressCard slot on a MacBook Pro or a PCI slot on a Mac Pro ??

Express card slot on the macbook pro...:+}

Thanks

Snook

Adina

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 05:46:21 am »

Quote from: foto-z
Just updated to Snow Leopard.
Sinar eXposure 6.2 and Photoshop CS4 seem to work normally after quick test.
I had to update Little Snitch to the latest beta version (which is Snow compatible).
And my mail program (Thunderbird) is suddenly displaying Russian text properly!
Was nice to get 10GB of disk space back too.

hi,

have you testet the Brumbaer Tools ?

Greetings
Adina

Voltman

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 07:27:49 pm »

Express card slot on the macbook pro...:+}

Thanks

Snook

Should work if you partition it as GUID in disk utility.   FWIW I run Linux on an ExpressCard SSD - performance sucks but then again its an older drive with I believe USB interface.

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 02:01:52 am »

Hi
when using an esata card with sil3124 chipset watch out.
The cards are not supported.
I'm running one with sonnet drivers and that seems to work fine however do test this before making the final switch.
My original card drivers caused kernel panics.

Hywel

• http://www.restrainedelegance.com
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 12:14:25 pm »

Follow-up to my problem with Phocus not showing my MacBook's Hard Drive under the "File System" panel in the browser under Snow Leopard.

A few emails exchanged with Hasselblad and some info gathering on my system sent to them and they are on the case, a fix is expected before too long. More importantly they have provided a perfectly serviceable workaround in the meantime.

If anyone else is experiencing the problem, the workaround is:

"In the Job Info tool select the boot volume as a capture destination by using the Choose option.
It will show up with the rather odd name "/" but never mind that.
Once this is done you can drag it from Capture Destination to Favourites and you'll have full access to the boot volume this way."

which works perfectly for me.

I must say I am impressed with the speed of response.

Cheers, Hywel Phillips

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 02:59:05 am »

An update regarding Sinar eXposure: DO NOT instal Snow Leopard if you use eXposure. I discovered two problems today and although they may be fixable with a prefs trash or something similarly simple I haven't tried it yet.

The colour calibration does not work and results in a crash. This is only when doing a proper Gretag Macbeth chart calibration - a simple grey balance using the default (or other existing) input profile works fine.

Also the colour of the previews seems very wrong compared to the exported tiffs - way under saturated and warm - it's as if eXposure is no longer using the monitor calibration to correct the colour of the previews or something like that.

Anyway nothing fatal, but enough to stop me upgrading to Snow Leopard on my main machine in the studio until Sinar or Apple fixes these problems.

Ben
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:41:07 am by bdp »

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 03:07:27 am »

Forget about that sonnet drivers, it works for like two reboots and then Snow Leopard doesn't want to boot.
Removing the card won't help, installed over the OS and everything worked again.
Yanked the card out and will order another one without the SIL chipset, looking at the Lacie 4 ports but decided to first mail them if it works

FlashDB

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 12:54:08 am »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
Maybe I am foolish to believe this but... c'mon Phase One has known that Snow Leopard has been coming out for quite some time.
The developer's version has been available for a long time too.
The creative world runs mostly on Mac Os. Don't you think Phase should have had their act together to get a proper update ready?
Adobe was up to speed... why not Phase?

Sure they knew Dolce!
Phase One is working together with Microsoft on Capture One now: http://www.phaseone.com/Content/PressInfo/...ssReleases.aspx
I guess Windows 7 has a bigger priority..

I always wait anyway, no rush here!  

/David
Contax & P25
H3DII-39MS

Adina

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 05:13:56 am »

New Gamma Value on 10.6: !

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3712?viewlocale=en_US

Greetings
Adina

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 06:25:18 am »

Quote from: bdp
An update regarding Sinar eXposure: DO NOT instal Snow Leopard if you use eXposure.

It appears to be working ok here. In any case, try reporting issues to Sinar directly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:28:19 am by foto-z »

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 06:55:18 am »

Quote from: foto-z
It appears to be working ok here. In any case, try reporting issues to Sinar directly.

Hi Graham,

I have reported it to Sinar and they are aware of it. They are working on a SL compatible update, among other things.

Ben

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21:00 am »

Quote from: FlashDB
Sure they knew Dolce!
Phase One is working together with Microsoft on Capture One now: http://www.phaseone.com/Content/PressInfo/...ssReleases.aspx
I guess Windows 7 has a bigger priority..

I always wait anyway, no rush here!  

/David
Contax & P25
H3DII-39MS

It's extremely likely that when all is said and done Capture One will have been fully stable and supported in Snow Leopard within weeks of the release of the new OS. That's really quite good.

Apple DEPENDS on companies like Adobe to be ready to go on launch day and so provide them all sorts of incentives and inside access to ensure that. For a company like Phase One, which uses some VERY sophisticated hooks in the OS (e.g. direct memory access and extreme performance tweaking for multi-core computers) compatibility with a new OS is a major project.

There might even be news tomorrow about this. No promises though. As always, if there is a new software release Capture Integration will be on top of it for testing and information dissemination. We have Snow Leopard installed on a 15" MBP and 8-core MP ready for testing with a variety of backs and cameras.

You can use the RSS feed to stay informed.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:21:29 am by dougpetersonci »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 01:49:10 pm »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
Maybe I am foolish to believe this but... c'mon Phase One has known that Snow Leopard has been coming out for quite some time.
The developer's version has been available for a long time too.

The creative world runs mostly on Mac Os. Don't you think Phase should have had their act together to get a proper update ready?
Adobe was up to speed... why not Phase?

In my experience, the final OS "release" build is only available to developers when it is fully released...

This means that if there are any changes in the release version that affect certain apps (bugs or whatever) it'll most likely require another round of testing & debugging from the apps developers, which usually takes anything between a few days to a few weeks.

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ziocan

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2009, 12:06:19 am »

Quote from: yaya
In my experience, the final OS "release" build is only available to developers when it is fully released...

This means that if there are any changes in the release version that affect certain apps (bugs or whatever) it'll most likely require another round of testing & debugging from the apps developers, which usually takes anything between a few days to a few weeks.

Yair
LOL, this thread is really funny!
Almost everybody asking each other to be guinea pig for their computers.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up