Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??  (Read 12774 times)

Snook

  • Guest
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »

I just read some where on the net that some early GM testers of OSX SNOW reporting that C-1 is not working correctly with Snow..
Does anybody no if there will be a update for Snow then? After all 4.8.2 just came out not too long ago.
Supposedly the licensing does not get accepted?
Could be wrong as these are just rumors as Snow is due to be out tomorrow..
I guess we'll see tomorrow..:+]
Thought this thread would be useful in any case.
Snook
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
    • http://www.graham-mitchell.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »

If anyone could verify that Brumbaer tools and Sinar Exposure 6.2.0 work propery with Snow Leopard, that would be very helpful!
Logged
Graham Mitchell - www.graham-mitchell.com

bdp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 258
    • http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »

Quote from: foto-z
If anyone could verify that Brumbaer tools and Sinar Exposure 6.2.0 work propery with Snow Leopard, that would be very helpful!

I have my Snow Leopard disk here and will be installing it on a non-critical machine (older Intel iMac) tomorrow. I will test Sinar eXposure 6.2 and let you know. I don't use Brumbaer tools so someone else will have to test that.

Ben
Logged

bdp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 258
    • http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »

Couldn't wait    Installed Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro 15" 2.8Ghz (late 2008 model).

Sinar eXposure seems to work fine - launches, connects to camera, shoots tethered, exports, imports. Doesn't seem any quicker or slower. Only issue I saw was the thumbnail at the bottom of the export tab that indicates which picture is currently being exported is scrambled. The exported TIF files open fine in CS3, but finder reports them as 99.9MB, when they are in fact 95.2MB. This is what they used to report as in Leopard, and what it says as the file size at the bottom of the image window in Photoshop.

So some issues but hopefully safe to install Snow Leopard. Question is why, if there is no speed increase. Until I have used it for a few weeks on shoots I can't be 100% sure it works without any extra problems. Sinar support have said previously they tested eXposure on Snow Leopard and they 'expect it to work without problems'.

Ben

** Correction ** - Sinar eXposure has problems with colour calibrations and colour display - see my post #52.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:39:43 AM by bdp »
Logged

Nick_T

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »

CS3 and Phocus running fine on a Snow Leopard MacPro here.

Nick-T

Alex MacPherson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 292
    • http://alexmacpherson.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

I was told by a Phase One rep that C1 is releasing a totally new version of C1 for Snow Leopard. He said the difference
will be like from 3.x to 4.x

I guess we will find out soon.
Logged
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

pschefz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
I was told by a Phase One rep that C1 is releasing a totally new version of C1 for Snow Leopard. He said the difference
will be like from 3.x to 4.x

I guess we will find out soon.


if i remember correctly the step from 3 to 4 was horrible...not smooth at all....
Logged
schefz.com
artloch.com

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
    • http://www.graham-mitchell.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:25:29 AM »

Quote from: bdp
Sinar eXposure seems to work fine

Thanks!
Logged
Graham Mitchell - www.graham-mitchell.com

Snook

  • Guest
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 07:47:33 AM »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
I was told by a Phase One rep that C1 is releasing a totally new version of C1 for Snow Leopard. He said the difference
will be like from 3.x to 4.x

I guess we will find out soon.

Soon??? I doubt it...:+}

Snook
Logged

archivue

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 417
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »

and what about the LEAF software ?
Logged

bdp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 258
    • http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »

Make sure you install the Rosetta option. Some Epson printers require drivers to be downloaded from the Epson website to keep working, and some of them need Rosetta to work. It's never smooth sailing when you're an early adopter. Drivers will eventually be updated by Apple I assume but for now you will need to search the Epson website for drivers to keep printing. Also my Airport on an iMac could not be turned on after updating to 10.6, and required a PRAM reset to get it going.

Ben
Logged

teddillard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 691
    • http://www.teddillard.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »

Quote from: Snook
I just read some where on the net that some early GM testers of OSX SNOW reporting that C-1 is not working correctly with Snow..
Does anybody no if there will be a update for Snow then? After all 4.8.2 just came out not too long ago.
Supposedly the licensing does not get accepted?
Could be wrong as these are just rumors as Snow is due to be out tomorrow..
I guess we'll see tomorrow..:+]
Thought this thread would be useful in any case.
Snook

I just posted all the info I could get here, including the link to the pass/fail app list-
http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Snow-Leopar...tographers.html

Logged
Ted Dillard

teddillard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 691
    • http://www.teddillard.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »

Quote from: Snook
Soon??? I doubt it...:+}

Snook

C1 4.8 passed:
http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/
Logged
Ted Dillard

PdF

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 297
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »

Does anybody knows something about Sinar CaptureShop (5.6.3) ?

It seems that Photoshop CS3 (not guaranteed by Adobe on this new platform) works fine...

PdF

Logged
PdF

chex

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 71
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 10:24:05 AM »

Quote from: bdp
. The exported TIF files open fine in CS3, but finder reports them as 99.9MB, when they are in fact 95.2MB. This is what they used to report as in Leopard, and what it says as the file size at the bottom of the image window in Photoshop.

That's 'cuz 10.6 uses 1000MB = 1GB instead of 1024MB
Logged

Cfranson

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
    • http://
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

Quote from: PdF
Does anybody knows something about Sinar CaptureShop (5.6.3) ?

It seems that Photoshop CS3 (not guaranteed by Adobe on this new platform) works fine...

PdF
I'll be doing some tests later in the day today with Captureshop and 10.6.
Logged

rsmphoto

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 127
    • http://www.rsmphoto.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »

Quote from: teddillard
I just posted all the info I could get here, including the link to the pass/fail app list-
http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Snow-Leopar...tographers.html

Thanks Ted. You da man! ;-)
Logged

Doug Peterson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3451
    • http://www.doug-peterson.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »

Quote from: teddillard
C1 4.8 passed:
http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

Capture Integration’s general guidance (whether you shoot Phase, Canon, Nikon, or anything else, is to avoid using Operating Systems immediately upon their release on any production computer. As with any update large-or-small to a production computer we recommend you proceed only when 1) it is clear that there are no major bugs 2) you have a backup of a known-good state and 3) you have several hours to thoroughly test the new system. While Snow Leopard seems on-the-surface to be a minor OS update there are ALWAYS issues with new OS. We will be doing our own hands-on testing of Snow Leopard in the coming weeks and will report on this blog our findings. However, we know that some of you will want to try out this operating system.

So here is an initial report on Capture One 4.8.2 and Snow Leopard. It is not compatible; it has bugs; however, it is usable with the use of a workaround.

For full details please see our blog entry: http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/08/...e-one-and-10-6/

We have an RSS Feed which covers this sort of news update. We also have a free giveaway-lotto of a Cambo Wide DS and Capture One license this month which you can enter only if you subscribe to the RSS (an RSS update is pushed out to you by the end of the month with details of how to enter).

Doug Peterson
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Leaf, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

teddillard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 691
    • http://www.teddillard.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Capture Integration’s general guidance (whether you shoot Phase, Canon, Nikon, or anything else, is to avoid using Operating Systems immediately upon their release on any production computer. As with any update large-or-small to a production computer we recommend you proceed only when 1) it is clear that there are no major bugs 2) you have a backup of a known-good state and 3) you have several hours to thoroughly test the new system. While Snow Leopard seems on-the-surface to be a minor OS update there are ALWAYS issues with new OS. We will be doing our own hands-on testing of Snow Leopard in the coming weeks and will report on this blog our findings. However, we know that some of you will want to try out this operating system.

So here is an initial report on Capture One 4.8.2 and Snow Leopard. It is not compatible; it has bugs; however, it is usable with the use of a workaround.

For full details please see our blog entry: http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/08/...e-one-and-10-6/

We have an RSS Feed which covers this sort of news update. We also have a free giveaway-lotto of a Cambo Wide DS and Capture One license this month which you can enter only if you subscribe to the RSS (an RSS update is pushed out to you by the end of the month with details of how to enter).

Doug Peterson
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Leaf, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

GREAT great advice and post, Doug!  Posting the link to h2hreviews.com blog...
Logged
Ted Dillard

Ken Bennett

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1639
    • http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
OSX SNOW out tomorrow, which softwares will work??
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »

Quote from: bdp
It's never smooth sailing when you're an early adopter.


Absolutely true.

I am always amazed at the number of photographers who update their main workstation to the latest Mac OS on the first day it is released. I have a friend who couldn't print for several months after the last update.

Not that anybody here would do that.... <grin>
Logged
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. Images: Work photos. Personal photos.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up