Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Epson 7600 part. Please help.  (Read 2981 times)

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Need Epson 7600 part. Please help.
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:27:54 pm »

The usb port in my 7600 died. This port is built-in in the main board. One not so expensive solution would be to install an Ethernet card and I've decided to go this way.
My problem is that I'm in México and Epson Mexico is the most sorry unefficient enterprise operation in the world. As usual, they don't have it and they don't know when they will have it in stock.
So I decided to try to buy it online from some vendor in the USA.
First, I need to make sure it is the right number part before I order. The number part a local technician gave me is: Epson part: C12C823912
It is described as a Multiprotocol Epson Ethernet Type B Board for Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600.
Does someone know if this is the right part?

Second, I need to find a reliable online vendor in US willing to exercise a little patience and some support (in case of questions and reassurance)
Please chime in if you know how to help me.
Thank you so much
Eduardo

uaiomex

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:26:14 pm »

Anyone? Please
Eduardo

Quote from: uaiomex
The usb port in my 7600 died. This port is built-in in the main board. One not so expensive solution would be to install an Ethernet card and I've decided to go this way.
My problem is that I'm in México and Epson Mexico is the most sorry unefficient enterprise operation in the world. As usual, they don't have it and they don't know when they will have it in stock.
So I decided to try to buy it online from some vendor in the USA.
First, I need to make sure it is the right number part before I order. The number part a local technician gave me is: Epson part: C12C823912
It is described as a Multiprotocol Epson Ethernet Type B Board for Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600.
Does someone know if this is the right part?

Second, I need to find a reliable online vendor in US willing to exercise a little patience and some support (in case of questions and reassurance)
Please chime in if you know how to help me.
Thank you so much
Eduardo

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:24 pm »

¡Buesnos dias, Eduardo!

I've had pretty good luck with my suppliers--LexJet and Ink Jet Art. Both have web sites and calling them I can usually get an answer to a direction to take. Don't know if either has boards for the 7600/9600, though.

In Sacramento, California, a good place is Pacific Office Equipment, 5802 Watt Ave., North Highlands, CA 95660-4754, (916) 334-7875‎

A couple of older HP laserjet printers were donated to a client and needed to be upgraded to make them compatible with their network. After talking to Fahdy (I think that's him), found they wouldn't work. He knew the printer in and out.

We have the Epson 2200 there for a clean and rebuild. A few years ago, he fixed it in hours when Epson was totally clueless on how to fix it. However, the Epson rep was smart enough to give us his phone number.

A number of friends have also taken their Epson printers to him and had them fix.

If anyone has a clue, it would be him. If he can't do it, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone else that might.

HTH,

Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

uaiomex

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:33:07 pm »

Thanks a lot Larry. I'll give them a call.
Ed

Quote from: langier
¡Buesnos dias, Eduardo!

I've had pretty good luck with my suppliers--LexJet and Ink Jet Art. Both have web sites and calling them I can usually get an answer to a direction to take. Don't know if either has boards for the 7600/9600, though.

In Sacramento, California, a good place is Pacific Office Equipment, 5802 Watt Ave., North Highlands, CA 95660-4754, (916) 334-7875‎

A couple of older HP laserjet printers were donated to a client and needed to be upgraded to make them compatible with their network. After talking to Fahdy (I think that's him), found they wouldn't work. He knew the printer in and out.

We have the Epson 2200 there for a clean and rebuild. A few years ago, he fixed it in hours when Epson was totally clueless on how to fix it. However, the Epson rep was smart enough to give us his phone number.

A number of friends have also taken their Epson printers to him and had them fix.

If anyone has a clue, it would be him. If he can't do it, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone else that might.

HTH,

Utah

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:27:43 pm »

Hello,
Have you been able to resolve the bad USB port issue on your 7600. A solution that worked for me was a very inexpensive Parallel port to USB connector. You can find them on NewEgg.com.
Best Wishes,

Utah
Pages: [1]   Go Up