Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i for Nikon/Hasselblad  (Read 2624 times)

z0624

WTB: Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i for Nikon/Hasselblad
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:00:41 am »

Hello,
I'm trying to find a Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i (in US) and I'm having no luck.  I'd like the i-version for use with Nikon D3/D300 as well as with the SCA 3902 for use on my Hassy H1.  Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?  Seems like BH, Amazon and the usual places only carry the non-I version and claim it is a discontinued model.  Metz in Germany says it's still in current product catalog and to contact Bogen Imaging US.  No response from Bogen imaging yet so I figured I'd try here.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:01:17 am by z0624 »

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
WTB: Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i for Nikon/Hasselblad
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »

I am pretty sure if you order the metz 54 new you get a box that says Metz 54-mz4/4i. I ordered one a year or so ago unless i am remembering wrong this is what is on the box.   I have  a new metz 54-mz4 coming tomorrow and will let you know.  If you order the one with the nikon module, I am pretty certain that you get the 4i version too.
 To confirm this i looked at what was on the B&H web site.  The title states Metz 54-mz4 and the mfr no is MZ 54240S. If you type this into google and go to the bogen site -- you get the mz4i version.. Thus, I think they are the same.

Some of the AF-1 models were discontinued but not the metz 54-mz4-- as far as I know.

Quote from: z0624
Hello,
I'm trying to find a Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4i (in US) and I'm having no luck.  I'd like the i-version for use with Nikon D3/D300 as well as with the SCA 3902 for use on my Hassy H1.  Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?  Seems like BH, Amazon and the usual places only carry the non-I version and claim it is a discontinued model.  Metz in Germany says it's still in current product catalog and to contact Bogen Imaging US.  No response from Bogen imaging yet so I figured I'd try here.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up