Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my leaf experience  (Read 1777 times)

AlDoori

my leaf experience
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »

a year ago, calumet munich made me an offer for their demo aptus 22 back...an offer i could not refuse.

before that, i tested different backs, with slightly different results.
many thanks for that to sinar/germany(+), phaseone/germany, calumet/germany and mamiya/germany.

i resisted the urge to buy (or lease...) a new system, after bad experiences with four bodies of 1. generation film contax645 some years ago,
and kept on looking for a digital back for my trusty and cool RZ system.

i bought that demo leaf aptus 22 for h1+ RZ adapter, with a 1 year warranty, and the results were quite good:
troublefree, with good colours and sharp files, choice of leaf capture 11 or bridge, waist level finder and rotating back.

the touchscreen never recognized my input too well, so after 6 month i decided to have the back serviced under warranty - although i always shoot tethered and do not use the screen. my reason was to have a 100% perfect back.
calumet changed the complete electronic at no cost. the aptus was like new, better than it was when i bought it.

4 month later, after i tethered to the g5 of a rental studio, the back stopped working.
i brought it to calumet munich, they tested it for 2 h and decided to sent it to their central repair shop in hamburg.
for the next job i got a back from them, and they said, my back will be repaired in a few days.

it became obvious that repairs would take longer. in that time leaf became bankrupt, and maybe some trouble between leaf and calumet were not helpful too.
i recieved an aptus 22 service back from calumet, with just ?? as return date on the paper works.
i kept it, but did not like its colours, and i was suspecting, i would keep it for long.

some days ago, after 2 month, i got a call from calumet: i could pick up my repaired back.
i stopped by, and they had a complete unit ready for me, new, in its box.

that is my leaf experience...

revaaron

my leaf experience
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:12:12 am »

sounds more like an experience with calumet. not leaf.

I want a aptus 22 for my contax 645.

marcs

• http://
my leaf experience
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:27:59 am »

Calumet is good.  Better customers service than B&H Photo, in my experience.  I've purchased digital backs from both.  If you ever think you might want to make an exchange, go with Calumet.

Quote from: AlDoori
a year ago, calumet munich made me an offer for their demo aptus 22 back...an offer i could not refuse.

before that, i tested different backs, with slightly different results.
many thanks for that to sinar/germany(+), phaseone/germany, calumet/germany and mamiya/germany.

i resisted the urge to buy (or lease...) a new system, after bad experiences with four bodies of 1. generation film contax645 some years ago,
and kept on looking for a digital back for my trusty and cool RZ system.

i bought that demo leaf aptus 22 for h1+ RZ adapter, with a 1 year warranty, and the results were quite good:
troublefree, with good colours and sharp files, choice of leaf capture 11 or bridge, waist level finder and rotating back.

the touchscreen never recognized my input too well, so after 6 month i decided to have the back serviced under warranty - although i always shoot tethered and do not use the screen. my reason was to have a 100% perfect back.
calumet changed the complete electronic at no cost. the aptus was like new, better than it was when i bought it.

4 month later, after i tethered to the g5 of a rental studio, the back stopped working.
i brought it to calumet munich, they tested it for 2 h and decided to sent it to their central repair shop in hamburg.
for the next job i got a back from them, and they said, my back will be repaired in a few days.

it became obvious that repairs would take longer. in that time leaf became bankrupt, and maybe some trouble between leaf and calumet were not helpful too.
i recieved an aptus 22 service back from calumet, with just ?? as return date on the paper works.
i kept it, but did not like its colours, and i was suspecting, i would keep it for long.

some days ago, after 2 month, i got a call from calumet: i could pick up my repaired back.
i stopped by, and they had a complete unit ready for me, new, in its box.

that is my leaf experience...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:29:43 am by marcs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up