Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with softproofing with the Epson 3800  (Read 1159 times)

jljonathan

Help with softproofing with the Epson 3800
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:50:10 am »

I have been trying to find a good method/technique for softproofing on the 3800. All the settings are correct for the printer/paper and the softproof is on, with paper simulation for Epson Luster on a duplicate image so I can compare with the corrected version. But, no matter what I try, curves, hue/sat,brightness etc. I cannot get the dupe to match the original. I have tried to match a step scale and color of a printer test evaluation image and tried on regular images with no luck. The monitor is calibrated, 2.2 6500k 90. Any advice, tips suggestions or methods would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jonathan

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Help with softproofing with the Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:06:09 am »

Quote from: jljonathan
I have been trying to find a good method/technique for softproofing on the 3800. All the settings are correct for the printer/paper and the softproof is on, with paper simulation for Epson Luster on a duplicate image so I can compare with the corrected version. But, no matter what I try, curves, hue/sat,brightness etc. I cannot get the dupe to match the original. I have tried to match a step scale and color of a printer test evaluation image and tried on regular images with no luck. The monitor is calibrated, 2.2 6500k 90. Any advice, tips suggestions or methods would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jonathan

They will never match exactly, the idea is to get as close as you can (make the dupe match closer with soft proof on with some minor edits versus without).

Or is this a Print to screen match you're having issues with (if so, it could be the target aim points for calibration not correlating with the viewing booth).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up