Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900 Mac driver 6.55 tested  (Read 1427 times)

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
7900 Mac driver 6.55 tested
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:57:29 pm »

Does the recently updated Epson 7900 Mac driver 6.55 solve CS4 profiling problems?

Well I don't think so.

Back in February I reported my tests that revealed how Mac Photoshop CS4 and Leopard is not a reliable combination for printing profile charts. I found that Photoshop CS1 on Leopard; Photoshop CS2 on WIndows XP and Photoshop CS4 on Windows XP produced identical results. The only way I could get Photoshop CS4 to produce the same result on Leopard was to change the default profile in the Colorsync Utility to match my choice of media in the print driver.

Epson claim that print driver 6.55 improves compatibility with Photoshop CS4 on MacOSX Leopard. This may or may not be the case for the reported ABW problems but my interest is with printing profiling charts with colour management disabled in Photoshop and in the print driver. So I repeated my tests again. The new Epson print driver adds an sRGB default profile in the Devices section of Colorsync Utility. As before, the only way I could find to get a perfect match with my other versions of Photoshop was to change this sRGB default profile in the CU to correspond with the media setting in the print driver.

I have placed an order for Snow Leopard and when I have installed the upgrade I will try these tests again.

The original story is in the Color Mangagement section:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=31410
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:12:00 pm by Ionaca »
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK

Doyle Yoder

7900 Mac driver 6.55 tested
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:19:29 pm »

Are you running PS 11.0.1?

Doyle

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd