Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One V mount back AND 110mm f2 hassy: HOW???  (Read 6042 times)

rastas

Phase One V mount back AND 110mm f2 hassy: HOW???
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:00:15 pm »

I'm in love with the look the 110mm f2 Hasselblad lens gives at wide apertures. I want to buy this lens and somehow make it work with my Phase One back in a V Hasselblad mount, but the question is how? I know it may come down to modifying things by a machinist, and I'm willing to do that.  Here's the options as I see it, if anyone has other ideas, I'm all ears:

-pay $2500 to phase one to get back changed to Mamiya mount, get a Mamiya 645 camera, and a lens adaptor that will let me use the 110mm f2 lens on the mamiya 645 body.

-get the lens and a hasselblad 2000 series camera. I've heard someone does workarounds to make the phase one V mount back work on these cameras. True?

-any other options? Any one want to swap their mamiya mount p25 back for my V mount back?

RobertJ

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »

It looks like the back works on 2000 series bodies, but FE lenses won't work with this setup because there's no built-in shutter, but I really don't know much about this dilemma.

http://phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/A...mp;LanguageID=1
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:18:14 pm by T-1000 »

vandevanterSH

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:00 pm »

Phase One backs designed for Mechanical Hasselblad (V-series) are compatible but with the following limitations.

# 201 F - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 202 FA - Not recommended
# 203 FE - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 205 FCC - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main

Looks as if the FE can't be used.  The 203fe Hasselblad and CFV back will work with the FE lenses with a small mod. to the camera body.

Steve

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:00:33 pm »

Contax 645 with a haselblad to contax lens adapter?
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

filmcapture

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:35 pm »

Phase One V mount DBs should work with 200 series at all speeds without any modifications. I'll post the instructions how to work around later.

rastas

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:22 am »

Quote from: filmcapture
Phase One V mount DBs should work with 200 series at all speeds without any modifications. I'll post the instructions how to work around later.

I've read something about this, but the workaround just seems to be for lenses with the SHUTTER in them. I want to use the F series lenses (the 110mm f2 Planar) on the hassy with my phase one v mount back.

Anyone? possible?

Someone receommended an adaptor to put lens on the contax, which would work, but I would have to change back from V mount to a contax mount ($2500).

filmcapture

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:09:05 am »

Quote from: rastas
I've read something about this, but the workaround just seems to be for lenses with the SHUTTER in them. I want to use the F series lenses (the 110mm f2 Planar) on the hassy with my phase one v mount back.

Anyone? possible?

Someone receommended an adaptor to put lens on the contax, which would work, but I would have to change back from V mount to a contax mount ($2500).

No, it should work for all FE lenses. I posted my solution here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=37164

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:50 am »

Quote from: filmcapture
No, it should work for all FE lenses. I posted my solution here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=37164

This should work even with shutterless lenses, as the sensor should only be receiving light during exposure (the sensor needs it to be dark before initiating an exposure).

Also see my PM reply to you.

Best regards,
-Brad
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

nad54

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 04:18:51 am »

Hi

I did send a reply but it seems to have disappeared. The 110mm works with a 203FE but it is not really useable for handheld work.

You need a 'wake-up cable'. This has a small trigger button and it is what I use with my Arcbody and P25. I got mine from DTEK here in the UK.

Work flow is:

Sync cable is connected to PC socket on camera. Expose normally (inc auto) then within 5 seconds press the small button on the cable to finish the exposure. Works okay with tripod based stuff, not really easy hand held.

This work flow allows me to use my 60mm-120mm F series zoom for landscape work. This cracking lens is available cheap second hand for what it is.

I don't know if things will be any different with a P65 as I believe it doesn't need a wake-up signal.

Regards

Andrew

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:01:21 am »

Quote from: rastas
I'm in love with the look the 110mm f2 Hasselblad lens gives at wide apertures. I want to buy this lens and somehow make it work with my Phase One back in a V Hasselblad mount, but the question is how? I know it may come down to modifying things by a machinist, and I'm willing to do that.  Here's the options as I see it, if anyone has other ideas, I'm all ears:

-pay $2500 to phase one to get back changed to Mamiya mount, get a Mamiya 645 camera, and a lens adaptor that will let me use the 110mm f2 lens on the mamiya 645 body.

-get the lens and a hasselblad 2000 series camera. I've heard someone does workarounds to make the phase one V mount back work on these cameras. True?

-any other options? Any one want to swap their mamiya mount p25 back for my V mount back?

If you serious about using the FE lenses, look into the Contax.

It really is the medium format camera that just won't die and go away.

Adapters and plentiful and the system has been around a long time, the complete Contax lens line is easily available, with a few exceptions, that being the 300mm and the zoom and even with a little bit of searching those can be found.

The only disadvantage of the Contax is using the prism finder, the view is small compared to an H series blad, pretty much on par with everything else but the system is very solid, the focus is accurate and most importantly (ready for the drum roll) it actually comes with a right angle 90degree grip and shutter release.

All of the Contax Zeiss lenses and the body have a digital interface so you need no sync cords, or special cable releases and most of the Contax system has held it's prices for the last 4 or 5 years, so what you buy today, probably won't tank to 1/2 price in a few years.

As with the Mamiya, any FE lense will require manual stop down which is a pain, but then again if your goal is to use the 110 F2, your not going to stop it down that much anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

If you need any information about Contax (or any medium format cameras) contact Son Minh Pham, Phd.

adaptersolutions@gmail.com

He is the most honest and honorable person I've had the pleasure to work with and always follows through.

JR

tho_mas

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 03:19:25 am »

Quote from: James R Russell
The only disadvantage of the Contax is using the prism finder, the view is small
A Nikon DK-17M (magnifying eyepiece for the D3) fits on the Contax prism finder. It magnifies 1.2x ... not a world of a difference but it's nice to have.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 03:39:37 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
If you need any information about Contax (or any medium format cameras) contact Son Minh Pham, Phd.

adaptersolutions@gmail.com

He is the most honest and honorable person I've had the pleasure to work with and always follows through.

+1 on Son Pham.

Knows his stuff and is very honest and personable.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

filmcapture

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 06:12:30 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
+1 on Son Pham.

Knows his stuff and is very honest and personable.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Hi Son, you should chime in.

Actually I just talked to him this morning. A very nice gentleman indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up